this game WILL be announced for next-gen comsoles.

#31dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 10:50:15 PM
dooyaunastan posted...
If there is a next-gen version of V to be released, I'd bet my bones that it's already in development, dev-kits for next-gen systems have been out for over a year now.

I'm sure it is.
---
Anaheim Ducks 2013: 14-3-1
"Search him. Then I will kill you." - Bane
#32TRC187Posted 2/28/2013 5:48:52 AM
GodsHamster posted...
There is a lot of sense posted here. Does seem a bit odd releasing so soon (before or after the PS4 depending where you live, EU prob get PS4 in March?)

regardless, PS4 and the new Xbox are day 1 purchases for me, but would I want to play GTA 5 on a PS3? well yes I would. However, alot of people will be trading in there PS3 to get a PS4. I doubt i'll play GTA 5 as much, since i'll have the new shiney PS4. With DLC released a few months later, I know for sure I will not bother with the DLC. I'll be busy with my PS4.

Aside from just having something "new", which is great and all.. What exactly is so appealing about the new PS4 & Xbox, day one purchase? Its pretty common knowledge that the majority of new console release games blow. Hell, I didn't buy a PS3 until GT5 came out because I never saw one game that looked half decent, that wasn't available on the 360. I always wait for a game I want before forking out $400-$500 on a new console..

I'm just curious because you say that you'll be busy with your new PS4... Are you going to plug it in and play with the settings? Watch Netflix? I'd much rather be playing GTA V on a current gen. Personal preference I guess.
#33sal9e3sPosted 2/28/2013 12:34:29 PM
TRC187 posted...
GodsHamster posted...
There is a lot of sense posted here. Does seem a bit odd releasing so soon (before or after the PS4 depending where you live, EU prob get PS4 in March?)

regardless, PS4 and the new Xbox are day 1 purchases for me, but would I want to play GTA 5 on a PS3? well yes I would. However, alot of people will be trading in there PS3 to get a PS4. I doubt i'll play GTA 5 as much, since i'll have the new shiney PS4. With DLC released a few months later, I know for sure I will not bother with the DLC. I'll be busy with my PS4.

Aside from just having something "new", which is great and all.. What exactly is so appealing about the new PS4 & Xbox, day one purchase? Its pretty common knowledge that the majority of new console release games blow. Hell, I didn't buy a PS3 until GT5 came out because I never saw one game that looked half decent, that wasn't available on the 360. I always wait for a game I want before forking out $400-$500 on a new console..

I'm just curious because you say that you'll be busy with your new PS4... Are you going to plug it in and play with the settings? Watch Netflix? I'd much rather be playing GTA V on a current gen. Personal preference I guess.

Fair enough.

I can only speak for myself but I'm kind of curious as to how games will look and play on the new consoles. Even if they're crummy launch titles, I'll still probably rent some. But who knows, some may be decent. And it may not be a launch title, but Watch Dogs looks pretty cool.
---
GT - Burrito Diablo
#34nativenginePosted 2/28/2013 1:04:38 PM(edited)
Here's the kicker for me, the PS4 is confirmed to not be backwards compatible, which that right there is the #1 reason I won't be buying one till a game comes out that I MUST play. Playstation just hasn't been doing it for me.

Edit:
I'd like to add that when the Xbox came out I wanted nothing to do with it. I was the biggest playstation fan, then on my B-Day in November 2001 my dads friend out of nowhere got me one with this little game called Halo: Combat Evolved, you may have heard of it. Even then I wasn't interested but about a week later I come home and walked in to find my dad having a blast playing it. So I picked up the controller and it hit me, it just felt right, like jerking it with your dominate hand.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#35LordPonchoPosted 2/28/2013 7:02:11 PM
You guys do realize that when GTA was delayed, they made numerous statements saying that it won't be changing platforms. That's not something you say and then backtrack on (unless the game were to be delayed again for a rather extended period of time) and expect fans to take reasonably.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#36PepeSilvia906Posted 2/28/2013 7:34:44 PM(edited)
Also, Dan Houser has gone on record saying why the game is for the current gen.

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/14/3643990/gta-5-writer-explains-the-decision-to-develop-for-current-gen-consoles

Dan Houser SAAAAAAAYS
The editor Houser spoke with was a little surprised that GTA 5 wasn't coming out for the console generation after the current one, something the Rockstar creative director brushed off. "Rockstar is a content company, not a hardware company," he said. "We use the technology we have to create content, and we try not to let ourselves get beholden to the hardware. The fact that hardware's so mature right now is exactly why we're able to go on to the next level. GTA 4 was our first attempt at a new platform and HD visuals, so the first part of development was seriously difficult. Now we know what the hardware's capable of, so it's become a lot easier to move things along and a lot more fun, too. GTA: San Andreas came out at the peak of the PlayStation 2's cycle, and we put out a really good game thanks to that. All the best games for a console come out at the end of the lifecycle, right? So now's the best timing of all."

---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#37dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 9:02:35 PM
LordPoncho posted...
You guys do realize that when GTA was delayed, they made numerous statements saying that it won't be changing platforms. That's not something you say and then backtrack on (unless the game were to be delayed again for a rather extended period of time) and expect fans to take reasonably.

I never said it was changing consoles, just that there will likely be a next gen version as well.
---
Anaheim Ducks 2013: 14-3-1
#38Mrbone5Posted 3/2/2013 2:02:36 AM(edited)
R* will probably release a complete/enhanced edition for next gen consoles and PC shortly after the 360 & PS3 release with added features, mission, and DLC. Similar to what they did with Bully.
#39dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 12:22:56 PM
Mrbone5 posted...
R* will probably release a complete/enhanced edition for next gen consoles and PC shortly after the 360 & PS3 release with added features, mission, and DLC. Similar to what they did with Bully.

Yup.
---
Anaheim Ducks 2013: 15-3-3
#40MinunSSPosted 3/5/2013 2:25:57 PM
This game will absolutely release on next-gen consoles. Sooner or later, and more than likely as a sell-you-something-you-already-own scheme a la Virtual Console/Xbox Originals.

R* started developing this game before they even had dev kits for PS4/XB72, and they aren't going to make the first GTA on those systems a last-gen port.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Amish Style: is.gd/2rmxek