any word on being able to arrest people when doing the cop side missions?

#1delta873Posted 2/28/2013 3:12:05 PM
i always thought it was a waste of money and ammo to fill a guy who stole a purse full of bullets, instead we should be able to arrest him and take him to the station to get more of a reward. what do you guys think?
---
GT- Delta squad 100 Psn-hunter873
destruction is what i am good at.
#2hulkhogan1Posted 2/28/2013 4:16:45 PM
Why shoot him when you can just run him over or pummel him to death with a baseball bat?

But to answer your question, yes it would nice to be able to do that. And if they carry over some of the best aspects of RDR into this game, it's very possible we'll be able to.
#3nativenginePosted 2/28/2013 6:04:46 PM
I hope we can, RDR did such a good job and I'd love to see it make it's way over to GTA. Also, bring back the cop uniform and let it have a purpose other then being just another outfit. I'd like to be able to hassle random peds while wearing it and not getting a star. Limited obviously so you can't rampage and get away with it but beating up a random ped while in it is totally kosher.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#4SteelToothPosted 3/1/2013 11:29:44 AM
What about this:

Stun gun, pepper spray. billy club, fists, and for the shootouts your pistol and AR.

- To subdue, beat them up or shoot them somewhere non-lethal to make 'em fall.
- Then approach, press X to kick 'em over and slap cuffs on.
- The pull up animation happens and you walk them to the car.

Sometimes they try to run/kick/knock you down with a headbutt to attempt escape.

Othertimes, while in the car a gang car will rush up beside you and try to take you out and rescue their buddy.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#5CruorComaPosted 3/1/2013 12:46:35 PM
What about instead of Cop Side Missions, we instead get Bounty Hunter side missions? Where we;

A) Are given the choice to capture or kill a fugitive at the cost of a reduced reward

B) Can capture a fugitive by grappling, dragging and forcing them in to the trunk of a vehicle; utilising a system similar to Sleeping Dogs
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#6delta873(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 3:28:18 PM
That depends on the fighting system, gta games don't have good fighting mechanics in my opinion.
---
GT- Delta squad 100 Psn-hunter873
destruction is what i am good at.
#7CruorComaPosted 3/3/2013 10:41:09 AM
No, you're absolutely right, not at all. It's a nice thought though.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?