i would honestly prefer a new red dead game over gta 5

#1JvaasPosted 3/2/2013 3:59:10 PM
while gta 5 at the moment is looking like the greatest game of all time (to me atleast) - i cant help but feel the next red dead game on next generation console will be ever better.

i feel red dead redemption was rockstar's best ever game, far better than gta 4.

and the red dead multiplayer i could play for hours - just wish for the next game they had a more interactive free roam where you could carry out bank robberies, have faction related posses (army, lawmen, outlaws etc), have wanted posters, have online duels like the ones from single player

the only thing i didn't like about rdr was how you could carry every single gun in the game on your person at all times (john marston is secretly duke nukem).. i think in the next one you should be limited to 1 pistol/revolver and then a weapon on your back, maybe a few extra things (throwing knives/molotovs)

if gta 5 is going to be rockstars biggest map yet, i cant imagine how big the next red dead's game map is going to be

i loved how immersive the world of rdr was
---
i like skooma
#2DarkLordMorsulPosted 3/2/2013 5:00:07 PM
I'm being dead honest here... I thought RDR was dull. Extremely so, but that's just an opinion(notice I didn't say badly made it just didn't catch me...) I loved playing poker(but the fact you had buy DLC to play poker online was REALLY lame) and I played horseshoes those two things entertained me far more than the story ever did...

Again that was all opinion probably didn't help I never liked westerns so not sure what I was expecting. I did buy it used though because I wasn't sure whether or not I would like it.
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#3TRC187Posted 3/2/2013 5:22:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4slayerxelitePosted 3/2/2013 5:22:53 PM
Ive been gaming for almost 30 years now and RDR was one of the greatest games I have ever played in my life. I pray for the day that RDR2 comes out and would love for it to be releasing this year instead of GTA5.
---
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan Kenobi talking about GameFAQs
#5TRC187Posted 3/2/2013 5:28:52 PM
Jvaas posted...
while gta 5 at the moment is looking like the greatest game of all time (to me atleast) - i cant help but feel the next red dead game on next generation console will be ever better.

i feel red dead redemption was rockstar's best ever game, far better than gta 4.

and the red dead multiplayer i could play for hours - just wish for the next game they had a more interactive free roam where you could carry out bank robberies, have faction related posses (army, lawmen, outlaws etc), have wanted posters, have online duels like the ones from single player

the only thing i didn't like about rdr was how you could carry every single gun in the game on your person at all times (john marston is secretly duke nukem).. i think in the next one you should be limited to 1 pistol/revolver and then a weapon on your back, maybe a few extra things (throwing knives/molotovs)

if gta 5 is going to be rockstars biggest map yet, i cant imagine how big the next red dead's game map is going to be

i loved how immersive the world of rdr was

I loved RDR. Its probably the most stunningly beautiful game I've ever played. It was a very complete package.

I can't say that I'd prefer it over GTA V, but its a very close 2nd.
#6Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/2/2013 5:54:51 PM
I will say that RDR is better than any of the GTA games thus far, but if GTA5 lives up to its claim, I think it'll be even better.

Besides, I would much prefer to see a new RDR for next gen, just imagine how much better it'll be.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#7nativenginePosted 3/2/2013 6:28:23 PM
RDR is a game that truly blew me away, not many games have done that. It's one of those games that's a true masterpiece. What was done with GTA4 and then the improvements we saw in RDR, 5 just looks and feels like its going to be just incredible. At the moment, I'm far more excited for GTA5 but if they announced a new Red Dead game tomorrow, I'd probably scream like a 15 year old girl who just won Justin Bieber tickets. Next Gen though, can't even imagine what they'll do with a next gen tech Red Dead game.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#8Jvaas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 9:35:20 PM
nativengine posted...
RDR is a game that truly blew me away, not many games have done that. It's one of those games that's a true masterpiece. What was done with GTA4 and then the improvements we saw in RDR, 5 just looks and feels like its going to be just incredible. At the moment, I'm far more excited for GTA5 but if they announced a new Red Dead game tomorrow, I'd probably scream like a 15 year old girl who just won Justin Bieber tickets. Next Gen though, can't even imagine what they'll do with a next gen tech Red Dead game.

it would blow everyones mind

red dead redemption is just one of those games i can keep going back to
---
i like skooma
#9holden4everPosted 3/2/2013 9:49:18 PM
I must be one of the few that didn't like it that much. I had fun playing it but it's not something I would go back and play again. I would like to see another (maybe set a bit earlier) but won't care if it never happens.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png - 2012 NRL Season: Minor Premiers. Grand Final runners-up. Bring on 2013.
#10tzar_666Posted 3/2/2013 10:52:39 PM
let it go better then soil its memory.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2