i would honestly prefer a new red dead game over gta 5

#21DruffPosted 3/6/2013 12:21:19 PM
RDR was fantastic. But it was basically just GTA set in the Old West. It's really annoying when people deny that.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#22nativenginePosted 3/6/2013 12:27:30 PM
Druff posted...
RDR was fantastic. But it was basically just GTA set in the Old West. It's really annoying when people deny that.

I love RDR, one of my top 3 favorite games and I've been gaming for roughly 21-22 years now. That said, it is GTA in a western setting and I remember people trying to dispute that. Some people just drive me nuts on this internets.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#23MinunSSPosted 3/6/2013 7:57:42 PM
I didn't expect to like RDR, primarily because I'm a huge car nut, not a big fan of shooters and heard that it was essentially "Grand Theft Horse".

I got it on sale for $20 a couple of years ago and f***ing LOVED it. It's truly a great game, cars or no cars (though it kinda annoyed me that it had cars but wouldn't let you drive . . . )

At the same time, I beat it with almost every task and achievement and side mission complete in less than 2 weeks, and I can't get back into at all. Contrast that with GTA4 which I played for months and still pick up every now and again, and love even more, and I can say that GTA is definitely my favourite of the two.

Now I'd love to see a sequel to RDR, but GTA5 is much more important to me.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Amish Style: is.gd/2rmxek
#24hellfire582Posted 3/7/2013 11:32:34 AM
Jvaas posted...
while gta 5 at the moment is looking like the greatest game of all time (to me atleast) - i cant help but feel the next red dead game on next generation console will be ever better.

i feel red dead redemption was rockstar's best ever game, far better than gta 4.

and the red dead multiplayer i could play for hours - just wish for the next game they had a more interactive free roam where you could carry out bank robberies, have faction related posses (army, lawmen, outlaws etc), have wanted posters, have online duels like the ones from single player

the only thing i didn't like about rdr was how you could carry every single gun in the game on your person at all times (john marston is secretly duke nukem).. i think in the next one you should be limited to 1 pistol/revolver and then a weapon on your back, maybe a few extra things (throwing knives/molotovs)

if gta 5 is going to be rockstars biggest map yet, i cant imagine how big the next red dead's game map is going to be

i loved how immersive the world of rdr was

Well of course Red Dead was better than GTA IV. "Home Improvement" for SNES was better than GTA IV.
#25Gtalady91Posted 3/7/2013 12:06:24 PM
hellfire582 posted...
Jvaas posted...
while gta 5 at the moment is looking like the greatest game of all time (to me atleast) - i cant help but feel the next red dead game on next generation console will be ever better.

i feel red dead redemption was rockstar's best ever game, far better than gta 4.

and the red dead multiplayer i could play for hours - just wish for the next game they had a more interactive free roam where you could carry out bank robberies, have faction related posses (army, lawmen, outlaws etc), have wanted posters, have online duels like the ones from single player

the only thing i didn't like about rdr was how you could carry every single gun in the game on your person at all times (john marston is secretly duke nukem).. i think in the next one you should be limited to 1 pistol/revolver and then a weapon on your back, maybe a few extra things (throwing knives/molotovs)

if gta 5 is going to be rockstars biggest map yet, i cant imagine how big the next red dead's game map is going to be

Well of course Red Dead was better than GTA IV. "Home Improvement" for SNES was better than GTA IV.

U just can't help but rip gta IV can u?
At least creep does it with "some" logic
---
Gt: Detroit Code
If you ain't first your last
#26B0vrilPosted 3/7/2013 1:03:30 PM(edited)
As great as RDR was it just doesn't potentially have as much a GTA game. The vast city the countryside the vehicles, the weapons, the population.. there is just so much more to GTA.

Of course I would eat up a RDR2, but I wold take a new GTA any day.
#27nativenginePosted 3/8/2013 10:29:34 AM
Gtalady91 posted...
hellfire582 posted...
Jvaas posted...

No, because GTA4 wronged him in some way.
---
#28UGA180Posted 3/8/2013 11:05:25 AM
nativengine posted...
Druff posted...

I love RDR, one of my top 3 favorite games and I've been gaming for roughly 21-22 years now. That said, it is GTA in a western setting and I remember people trying to dispute that. Some people just drive me nuts on this internets.

For real, I've even heard people say RDR's controls are better, as if there's any real difference outside of a weapon wheel (which hopefully GTAV incorporates).
---
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/diolookout/tampa-bay-banner.jpg
#29nativenginePosted 3/8/2013 11:35:42 AM
UGA180 posted...
nativengine posted...
Druff posted...

For real, I've even heard people say RDR's controls are better, as if there's any real difference outside of a weapon wheel (which hopefully GTAV incorporates).

Oh boy do I hope there's a weapons wheel. I've been playing through both GTA and RDR lately and I find myself trying to pull up the weapons wheel in GTA. It's a much better system IMO, hell been playing Vice City and 3 on my phone and it's near frustrating trying to switch weapons in those on a phone.

Yay to weapons wheel.
---
#30hellfire582Posted 3/8/2013 12:25:39 PM
nativengine posted...
Gtalady91 posted...
hellfire582 posted...
Jvaas posted...

No, because GTA4 wronged him in some way.

I mean in a sense it did. I paid like $60 for the game expecting an improvement on SA only to find that wasn't the case at all. I've already explained why the numerous reasons I think this, but if I really had to sum up why I think IV was so much worse, it'd have to be the lack of planes.