i would honestly prefer a new red dead game over gta 5

#31nativenginePosted 3/8/2013 12:35:56 PM
hellfire582 posted...
nativengine posted...
Gtalady91 posted...
hellfire582 posted...
Jvaas posted...
while gta 5 at the moment is looking like the greatest game of all time (to me atleast) - i cant help but feel the next red dead game on next generation console will be ever better.

i feel red dead redemption was rockstar's best ever game, far better than gta 4.

and the red dead multiplayer i could play for hours - just wish for the next game they had a more interactive free roam where you could carry out bank robberies, have faction related posses (army, lawmen, outlaws etc), have wanted posters, have online duels like the ones from single player

the only thing i didn't like about rdr was how you could carry every single gun in the game on your person at all times (john marston is secretly duke nukem).. i think in the next one you should be limited to 1 pistol/revolver and then a weapon on your back, maybe a few extra things (throwing knives/molotovs)

if gta 5 is going to be rockstars biggest map yet, i cant imagine how big the next red dead's game map is going to be

i loved how immersive the world of rdr was

Well of course Red Dead was better than GTA IV. "Home Improvement" for SNES was better than GTA IV.

U just can't help but rip gta IV can u?
At least creep does it with "some" logic

No, because GTA4 wronged him in some way.

I mean in a sense it did. I paid like $60 for the game expecting an improvement on SA only to find that wasn't the case at all. I've already explained why the numerous reasons I think this, but if I really had to sum up why I think IV was so much worse, it'd have to be the lack of planes.

It was, a great improvement actually.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#32LordPonchoPosted 3/8/2013 12:51:53 PM
hellfire582 posted...
nativengine posted...
Gtalady91 posted...
hellfire582 posted...
Jvaas posted...
while gta 5 at the moment is looking like the greatest game of all time (to me atleast) - i cant help but feel the next red dead game on next generation console will be ever better.

i feel red dead redemption was rockstar's best ever game, far better than gta 4.

and the red dead multiplayer i could play for hours - just wish for the next game they had a more interactive free roam where you could carry out bank robberies, have faction related posses (army, lawmen, outlaws etc), have wanted posters, have online duels like the ones from single player

the only thing i didn't like about rdr was how you could carry every single gun in the game on your person at all times (john marston is secretly duke nukem).. i think in the next one you should be limited to 1 pistol/revolver and then a weapon on your back, maybe a few extra things (throwing knives/molotovs)

if gta 5 is going to be rockstars biggest map yet, i cant imagine how big the next red dead's game map is going to be

i loved how immersive the world of rdr was

Well of course Red Dead was better than GTA IV. "Home Improvement" for SNES was better than GTA IV.

U just can't help but rip gta IV can u?
At least creep does it with "some" logic

No, because GTA4 wronged him in some way.

I mean in a sense it did. I paid like $60 for the game expecting an improvement on SA only to find that wasn't the case at all. I've already explained why the numerous reasons I think this, but if I really had to sum up why I think IV was so much worse, it'd have to be the lack of planes.

Last I checked, a plane isn't an automobile.

Also, last I checked, the game didn't revolved around planes ever, at any point intthe series.

And last I checked, you bought the game and were given what was advertised, so the joke's on you for throwing a hissy fit in every conversation you can come across.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#33whiteboygenePosted 3/9/2013 7:23:31 PM
nativengine posted...
Druff posted...
RDR was fantastic. But it was basically just GTA set in the Old West. It's really annoying when people deny that.

I love RDR, one of my top 3 favorite games and I've been gaming for roughly 21-22 years now. That said, it is GTA in a western setting and I remember people trying to dispute that. Some people just drive me nuts on this internets.

I think it's easy to call Red Dead Redemption a 'western' GTA, but I feel that it's so much more than that. At least, I think it's different enough to warrant a more elaborate description than that. The world, the honor system, the story, the horses. I dunno.
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 848
#34MinunSSPosted 3/12/2013 8:08:28 PM
Check out his Karma percentage. Most troll accounts have more than that.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Amish Style: is.gd/2rmxek
#35tzar_666Posted 3/12/2013 8:14:40 PM
MinunSS posted...
Check out his Karma percentage. Most troll accounts have more than that.

i know i didnt post for years.

then the car accident.

so you cant go by that.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#36hellfire582Posted 3/14/2013 1:23:41 PM
LordPoncho posted...

Also, last I checked, the game didn't revolved around planes ever, at any point intthe series.

And last I checked, you bought the game and were given what was advertised, so the joke's on you for throwing a hissy fit in every conversation you can come across.

It has nothing to do with whether I bought the game or not. It's not as if I'm asking R* for my money back. I'm just pointing out that the lack of planes was a significant downgrade from SA, which is the main reason I don't like GTA IV that much. I really don't see why you find it so hard to admit that there aspects of the game that were just better in SA.
#37tzar_666Posted 3/14/2013 3:01:09 PM
hellfire582 posted...
LordPoncho posted...

It has nothing to do with whether I bought the game or not. It's not as if I'm asking R* for my money back. I'm just pointing out that the lack of planes was a significant downgrade from SA, which is the main reason I don't like GTA IV that much. I really don't see why you find it so hard to admit that there aspects of the game that were just better in SA.

skyrim showed spears gamers rejoiced. only to have spears turn into arrows. and rideable dragons turn int0 kites. resident evil showed cock roaches only for them to be removed. hitman showed picking up a body and carrying it never made it in the game. world of warcraft has great commercials. the game sucks. im use to being lied to.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#38LordPonchoPosted 3/16/2013 12:39:31 AM
hellfire582 posted...
LordPoncho posted...

Perhaps I don't admit them because I do t feel that way? I don't mind meaningless fluff being removed.

I don't mind planes being removed when they were terribly handled in the first place.

I don't mind a better direction in atmosphere.

I don't mind the removal of multiple weapons that all have the same base functionality, different model.

Is it so hard to understand that there is next to nothing done better in SA?
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#39G-ZissPosted 3/16/2013 5:31:09 AM
Jvaas posted...
i would honestly prefer a new red dead game over gta 5

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/131430/photo-main.jpg?1334527659
#40Mentalpatient87Posted 3/16/2013 6:55:56 AM
LordPoncho posted...
Is it so hard to understand that there is next to nothing done better in SA?

Hey, you've been on the SimCity boards, you know how blind fanboys can be.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"