Do you think all 3 main characters will exist in the world at the same time?

#1hulkhogan1Posted 3/3/2013 1:23:47 AM
Like if I was playing as Michael and traveled to wherever I last played as Franklin or Trevor, do you think we will be able to have them meet each other and interact with each other? Or do you think switching to a different character will basically "reset" the world without any memory of where the other two characters would be?
#2Mentalpatient87Posted 3/3/2013 1:28:10 AM
I hope so. I want it as instantaneous and on-the-fly as possible. I want to set up three-way crashes between land, sea, and air vehicles by abusing the switch mechanic. I wanna ride the switch mechanic until it's blue and chapped!
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#3tzar_666Posted 3/3/2013 6:18:32 AM
the world will be like google earth eack person does there own things on there own and you can switch at any time between the 3. so yes there individuals.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#4Wolf_J_FlywheelPosted 3/4/2013 8:09:09 AM
not sure what TC is thinking but in reality id bet that when you switch, the game automatically has the guy be in a random situation. Like if you put one guy in a park, switch to another and brought him near the park and then switched back to the first guy to see where he is he might now be in a bar somewhere across the map.
---
NRA member and 2nd Amendment supporter
http://anongallery.org/img/7/8/cruisin-booty.gif
#5ZingotePosted 3/4/2013 9:36:55 AM
Wolf_J_Flywheel posted...
not sure what TC is thinking but in reality id bet that when you switch, the game automatically has the guy be in a random situation. Like if you put one guy in a park, switch to another and brought him near the park and then switched back to the first guy to see where he is he might now be in a bar somewhere across the map.

That's also how I understood the mechanism. Once you switch characters the other acts as an NPC and continues on with his own activities, so when you switch back he won't be in the same place as where you left him. Imagine if we could switch to a character while he's flying a jet.
---
The Sith will have their revenge
#6tzar_666Posted 3/4/2013 9:38:52 AM
Zingote posted...
Wolf_J_Flywheel posted...

That's also how I understood the mechanism. Once you switch characters the other acts as an NPC and continues on with his own activities, so when you switch back he won't be in the same place as where you left him. Imagine if we could switch to a character while he's flying a jet.

ya. thats basically it.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#7VarcausPosted 3/4/2013 10:08:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8VarcausPosted 3/4/2013 10:10:48 PM
hulkhogan1 posted...
Like if I was playing as Michael and traveled to wherever I last played as Franklin or Trevor, do you think we will be able to have them meet each other and interact with each other? Or do you think switching to a different character will basically "reset" the world without any memory of where the other two characters would be?

When everything was said and done, after the delay in GTA IV almost everything Rockstar and gaming magazines that claimed when they said they played a ready for release game weeks prior to the postponement turned out to be false. The finished fully functional carnival rides was only in their imagination since everyone knows it wasn't in the final game.

People actually came to this forum to claim that the police in the GTA IV universe would drive the npc's they arrested to prison. They went on and on about how they followed the police vehicle and right to the prison. Completely FALSE! Never once did a police nps deliver a prisoner to the prison in free roam as they would have you believe. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually sent Rockstar a check for the believing they actually played the game.

Screenshot everything you can get your hands on including the quotes from Rockstar mouthpieces and alleged gameplay footage but more impotantly the Michael pool scene which rockstar claims is actual gameplay HAHAHA, you'll be lucky if they give you 20% of what they promised but hey if lies works for politicians and people reelect them why not the gaming industry.
#9tzar_666Posted 3/4/2013 10:16:18 PM
Varcaus posted...
hulkhogan1 posted...

When everything was said and done, after the delay in GTA IV almost everything Rockstar and gaming magazines that claimed when they said they played a ready for release game weeks prior to the postponement turned out to be false. The finished fully functional carnival rides was only in their imagination since everyone knows it wasn't in the final game.

People actually came to this forum to claim that the police in the GTA IV universe would drive the npc's they arrested to prison. They went on and on about how they followed the police vehicle and right to the prison. Completely FALSE! Never once did a police nps deliver a prisoner to the prison in free roam as they would have you believe. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually sent Rockstar a check for the believing they actually played the game.

Screenshot everything you can get your hands on including the quotes from Rockstar mouthpieces and alleged gameplay footage but more impotantly the Michael pool scene which rockstar claims is actual gameplay HAHAHA, you'll be lucky if they give you 20% of what they promised but hey if lies works for politicians and people reelect them why not the gaming industry.

can i have a link. where were getting 20% of what were promised
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#10Mentalpatient87Posted 3/5/2013 1:58:44 PM
tzar_666 posted...
can i have a link. where were getting 20% of what were promised

Just put that gibberish-spewing troll on ignore and don't quote him, please. Anything he posts only so much as toes the line of "coherent" and always has this negative, tinfoil hat nuttery tone about it.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"