I look at the screen shots and realize,,

#51cheese_game619Posted 3/6/2013 8:00:33 PM
Da f*** is going on here? Preorders ruining the gaming industry? Yeah no, dumbass kids who don't know what it means to earn something are the ones who harm the gaming industry. I can literally count all the games I've preordered on on hand

1. Halo 3
2. GTA4
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. UFC Undisputed 3
5. Mortal Kombat

That's it, and no stupid f***ing review(er) anywhere is gonna tell me those games are bad, some people may not have enjoyed them but I did. In fact I love all those games. I'm not the kid who picks up the next game because my friends are or it's cool. I buy games that I know I'll enjoy and f*** anyone else who thinks I'm an ass for enjoying playing MW3 or whathaveyou. Gaming is beyond mainstream and with that developers are gonna get greedy and god damn them for wanting to make as much money as possible right?(sarcasm) I mean, who wants to make money. They take advantage of this "need it now" generation and it works for them but to place blame on preorders is asinine of you ask me. The real issue is spoiled brats who never learned what it's like to unlock something in a game after grinding for hours apon hours only to come short time and again. It was those failures that made me want something more and made me work harder to get said "object". Why do we fall down? So we can pick ourselves back up.

End old gamer rant

what is this

you're like a fanboy of the games industry. "they are just making money! they cant do anything wrong!"

jesus

and again, whether this problem of yours is valid or not, we cant control it. we cant control that most kids these days have no patience or attention span. they grew up in a completely different time with all these things around them to do all the time when some of us only grew up with a stick and a ball and appreciated the f*** out of simple videogames because of it. you cant blame them and you cant control them, so why waste your energy?

if you were going to buy the next halo game no matter what, and i mean like you are reading reviews saying it is the worst piece of s*** ever, then fine. go ahead. preorder it. i dont think you'll have to because no one else is going to buy it and the only real reason anyone would preorder anything is to make sure they get a copy. but if you are so sure you are definitely no matter what going to buy the game then thats fine. this is about people blindly preordering things for really no reason other than "this looks good". i say blindly because all they see is what the developers let them see pre-release. there have been accounts of developers giving reviewers demos that are nothing like the full game. it promotes poor business ethics and its something we as gamers are 100% in control of.
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#52Dark_volkswagenPosted 3/6/2013 8:09:24 PM
hulkhogan1 posted...
SiLENT_K1LL posted...
They have been working on GTA V since 2011, and I don't think they are making it for current gen systems. Also to release the next gen systems after Modern Warfare 4 would be dumb, that's why I believe in a September release. I won't buy it until January 2014 anyway because I won't have the money until then. I think we should let this topic be read by others and see what they think? (I'm not trolling, btw!)

Actually I think they've been working on the game since 2009. 2011 is just when they officially announced it.

How do you announce a game in 2011 and it comes out two years later in 2013?
---
Napalms and nukes may break my bones, but machine guns will never hurt me.
#53LordPonchoPosted 3/6/2013 9:58:20 PM
Dark_volkswagen posted...
hulkhogan1 posted...
SiLENT_K1LL posted...
They have been working on GTA V since 2011, and I don't think they are making it for current gen systems. Also to release the next gen systems after Modern Warfare 4 would be dumb, that's why I believe in a September release. I won't buy it until January 2014 anyway because I won't have the money until then. I think we should let this topic be read by others and see what they think? (I'm not trolling, btw!)

Actually I think they've been working on the game since 2009. 2011 is just when they officially announced it.

What is your question? You announce the game and release it two years later...this is pretty standard going all the way back to the beginning of gaming...
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#54Dark_volkswagenPosted 3/6/2013 10:55:36 PM
LordPoncho posted...
Dark_volkswagen posted...
hulkhogan1 posted...
SiLENT_K1LL posted...

What is your question? You announce the game and release it two years later...this is pretty standard going all the way back to the beginning of gaming...

I was being a sarcastaball usual user.
---
Napalms and nukes may break my bones, but machine guns will never hurt me.
#55CaIiber345Posted 3/7/2013 3:30:18 AM
cheese_game619 posted...
Well I guess instead of my post speaking for itself, I'll state it this way.

You're blaming pre orders for "ruining the industry." Thats nonsense. My post was an example of how we can blame plenty of things, some reasonable, some ridiculous. Preorders dont ruin the industry. They benefit the specific retailer with a high probability of that persons business. Keychains and posters dont sell games. People want to know thier copy will be there on release day.

i ignored your first post for a reason but okay ill try run it down quickly

yes we can blame the developers and retailers but complaining isnt going to get us anywhere if we keep giving them money in spite of these practises. dlc is another beast, we wont get into that, but how many games out there come out with stuff like "if you preorder you'll get cheaper dlc down the track"? then you say we could blame the people that are too impatient to wait for games to come out. well, yes. thats who i am blaming. thing is you go on about how the devs have the writers saying the game is great no matter what - but that only happens before the game is out. like i said, embargos end day before or day of release. then even if one review is getting paid to say good things, there will be 1000 other reviews that say the opposite and you can reconsider your purchase, rather than giving them money because their marketing campaign was good.

now with this post, you say we can blame many things. yeah, sure. but this is something we can control ourselves. i personally have never been in a situation where i cant find a game on release day and had to wait for another shipment or something. i imagine that would only happen for really big games anyway, and if they are going that fast chances are they are worth the risk anyway and a preorder in that case isnt a big deal.

And plenty of people have to travel miles to the one place they can buy said game, where that place may only get 5 or 10 copies shipped. So your singular experience does not encompass the entirety of gamers.

And guess what? Plenty of people don't preorder for the exclusive content. I sure as hell don't, and if you read these boards you'll find plenty of people that don't either. Look at the Batman fiasco. This Retailer has this pack. That Retailer has that pack. I preordered from one store because I wanted to guarantee my copy day one. Nothing more.

And what happens if I don't decide to actually buy my preorder? How did the developer profit from that? What did I do that contributed to the ruin of the industry? They are going to make and ship the same amount of games regardless.

As far as that goes, you go on to post to another user that they took your comment about ruining the industry "literally." How else is it supposed to be taken? You ranted about preorders like they are the doom of gaming, and the reason to blame so much of what's wrong with gaming today. Yes, I think that all of the exclusive preorder stuff is nonsense, but a preorder in and of itself doesn't hurt anyone. I just want to know that my game is sitting there day one, guaranteed. GTA V doesn't have any special in-game stuff for preordering, and the minute it was available to preorder, I did. The posters and the key chains and all of that crap are gimmicks. That's fine. Blame motion gaming, DLC, microtransactions, dumbed down sequels, online passes, and the rest of the things that are changing the landscape of modern gaming. But preorders are not the bane of the industry.
---
I only go to Solstheim to get things done. Manly things. Like ripping Netches apart with my bare hands, or pummeling snide Dark Elves into Flin.
Hail HYDRA!
#56Perfect LightPosted 3/7/2013 2:16:14 PM
SiLENT_K1LL posted...
GTA V is NOT for xbox 360 or Ps3, It has to be for Xbox 720 and PS4! I can't compare GTA IV to this game because V's graphics look next gen. Also I can't see such a big release as this coming out for 360 at the end of this generation because ppl won't buy it, or would they? :/

You're right, the best explanation is that Rockstar is lying about release platforms! It makes perfect sense unless you think about it!!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#57cheese_game619Posted 3/7/2013 6:05:31 PM
And plenty of people have to travel miles to the one place they can buy said game, where that place may only get 5 or 10 copies shipped. So your singular experience does not encompass the entirety of gamers.

neither does that experience. id say most people live pretty close to a store and as long as you arent living in a mud hut chances are they are going to have enough copies

And guess what? Plenty of people don't preorder for the exclusive content. I sure as hell don't, and if you read these boards you'll find plenty of people that don't either. Look at the Batman fiasco. This Retailer has this pack. That Retailer has that pack. I preordered from one store because I wanted to guarantee my copy day one. Nothing more.

heaps of people here were preordering bragging about their poster and whatever the f*** else they gave out

And what happens if I don't decide to actually buy my preorder?

nothing obviously, what a silly thing to bring up. the whole tone of this is as if you are just trying to win tiny meaningless battles within the war

As far as that goes, you go on to post to another user that they took your comment about ruining the industry "literally." How else is it supposed to be taken? You ranted about preorders like they are the doom of gaming, and the reason to blame so much of what's wrong with gaming today.

i only used the word ruining once, you can ruin at different rates. i can be in the process of ruining an egyptian pyramid with a little hammer but its going to take a while.

Yes, I think that all of the exclusive preorder stuff is nonsense, but a preorder in and of itself doesn't hurt anyone. I just want to know that my game is sitting there day one, guaranteed. GTA V doesn't have any special in-game stuff for preordering, and the minute it was available to preorder, I did. The posters and the key chains and all of that crap are gimmicks. That's fine. Blame motion gaming, DLC, microtransactions, dumbed down sequels, online passes, and the rest of the things that are changing the landscape of modern gaming. But preorders are not the bane of the industry.

if its a game you think you are definitely going to buy and you live in the sticks and you only get 5 copies sent to the farm nearby that sells games then yeah fine, pre order it. for the rest of the world there will be plenty of copies, and even if there isnt a little patience will save the industry from bad business practices like lying about demos, it will stop the false advertising that is the bought out preview system and we will be drawing the line in the sand here instead of just doing what the developers want like stupid little sheep and them starting to take more aggressive steps in the future.

all these arguments and not one person has addressed the problem, the business practices this system tolerates.
---
#58DarkLordMorsulPosted 3/7/2013 8:06:08 PM
cheese_game619 posted...

neither does that experience. id say most people live pretty close to a store and as long as you arent living in a mud hut chances are they are going to have enough copies

heaps of people here were preordering bragging about their poster and whatever the f*** else they gave out

And what happens if I don't decide to actually buy my preorder?

nothing obviously, what a silly thing to bring up. the whole tone of this is as if you are just trying to win tiny meaningless battles within the war

As far as that goes, you go on to post to another user that they took your comment about ruining the industry "literally." How else is it supposed to be taken? You ranted about preorders like they are the doom of gaming, and the reason to blame so much of what's wrong with gaming today.

i only used the word ruining once, you can ruin at different rates. i can be in the process of ruining an egyptian pyramid with a little hammer but its going to take a while.

Yes, I think that all of the exclusive preorder stuff is nonsense, but a preorder in and of itself doesn't hurt anyone. I just want to know that my game is sitting there day one, guaranteed. GTA V doesn't have any special in-game stuff for preordering, and the minute it was available to preorder, I did. The posters and the key chains and all of that crap are gimmicks. That's fine. Blame motion gaming, DLC, microtransactions, dumbed down sequels, online passes, and the rest of the things that are changing the landscape of modern gaming. But preorders are not the bane of the industry.

if its a game you think you are definitely going to buy and you live in the sticks and you only get 5 copies sent to the farm nearby that sells games then yeah fine, pre order it. for the rest of the world there will be plenty of copies, even if there isnt a little patience will save the industry from bad business practices like lying about demos, it will stop the false advertising that is the bought out preview system and we will be drawing the line in the sand here instead of just doing what the developers want like stupid little sheep and them starting to take more aggressive steps in the future.

all these arguments and not one person has addressed the problem, the business practices this system tolerates.

Note: I edited your quote to fit this message.

Actually Making a game good will continue the trend of people preordering. For exmaple I enjoyed Vice City I enjoyed SA I enjoyed GTAIV I'm willing to bet I'll enjoy GTAV so I preordered plus with a preorder I can throw a few bucks at it every week or so and just pay tax when it comes out instead of dropping $70 in one shot.

Preorders don't make bad games. The fact that gaming is no longer niche is a big part of that. Games need to appeal to a wider audience they've been watered down to appeal to the masses.

Rockstar doesn't fit that mold. Preorders are going to change that. Most games don't start preorders until nearly done with the game.

Here's the scenario you seem to imagine:

Game executive gets a report saying there are 5million preorders for his game. Executive calls the development team, "OK you guys can stop working we've got the schmucks' money!"
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#59cheese_game619Posted 3/7/2013 10:00:22 PM
im not using gta 5 as an example because we know rockstar put a lot of time, effort and pride into their games.

id use a game like aliens: colonial marines as an example. an example of a game that had embargos with previewers to tell everyone the game was awesome. who actually made a demo that was not gameplay from the actual game to give to the previewers, just in case they previewers had a little bit of integrity. a game that was topping sales charts before it was even released. maybe that was because if you did preorder, you got an extra gun! and then when it was released?

very negative reviews across the board. fyi; no, i didnt not buy or preorder this game.

this isnt the first time this has happened. its a bad trend and you can either be a part of the problem or you can have a little bit of patience and save yourself some money.
---
#60LordPonchoPosted 3/7/2013 11:10:04 PM
cheese_game619 posted...
im not using gta 5 as an example because we know rockstar put a lot of time, effort and pride into their games.

id use a game like aliens: colonial marines as an example. an example of a game that had embargos with previewers to tell everyone the game was awesome. who actually made a demo that was not gameplay from the actual game to give to the previewers, just in case they previewers had a little bit of integrity. a game that was topping sales charts before it was even released. maybe that was because if you did preorder, you got an extra gun! and then when it was released?

very negative reviews across the board. fyi; no, i didnt not buy or preorder this game.

this isnt the first time this has happened. its a bad trend and you can either be a part of the problem or you can have a little bit of patience and save yourself some money.

Oh god. Are you literally blaming Preorders for the state Aliens shipped in? Aliens sold on brand recognition as well as company recognition.

Also, the demo was real. There's live footage of people playing it at various trade shows. So, sorry, again your argument has fallen flat.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800