In the name of Talos, has there been any official announcement for PC yet?

#1MrMonkhousePosted 3/9/2013 3:39:03 AM
GTA V has to be out on the PC... cmon u guys!
#2BardockpwnsjooPosted 3/9/2013 3:48:17 AM
Not yet, and don't hold your breath. If they do decide to port it over for PC, it won't be until well after the release of the game. Coding games for the PC can be tricky, due to the differences in hardware.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#3CruorComaPosted 3/9/2013 5:05:11 AM
One of the many reasons why I don't hop on the PC gaming wagon. Some dev's don't just port late, but they don't see potential in the market and never even publish. Fighting games in particular.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#4BardockpwnsjooPosted 3/9/2013 1:03:44 PM
CruorComa posted...
One of the many reasons why I don't hop on the PC gaming wagon. Some dev's don't just port late, but they don't see potential in the market and never even publish. Fighting games in particular.

Honestly, fighting games would be awkward with a Keyboard/mouse. However, thinking there's not enough games for the PC being devved is kind of an odd reason. I could understand you not wanting to shell out the cash required, but there's plenty of games and plenty of them in development.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#5LavargianPosted 3/9/2013 2:57:08 PM(edited)
I believe that the added customization options such as graphical options and modding, and the cheaper price tag of the game (49.99 instead of 59.99) makes playing games that have been ported from console to PC a WAY better deal.

Plus, look at the end of you Xbox 360 controller...it's a USB device. Plug that into your computer, and the ported game plays no differently than if you were playing it on an actual Xbox 360. Except for that it's better when it's played on the PC because of the above mentioned points, of course.

I highly doubt that this game will see the PC at all though because of the not so popular GTA IV port Rockstar did, and Red Dead Redemption has not and probably will not see a PC port. I don't know why the GTA IV port wasn't very popular. Like I said above, I just plugged my 360 controller into my computer, and it felt just like I was playing it on my Xbox. Other than the fact that it looked a lot nicer on my PC.

EDIT: Oh, and as far as your fighting games go, you can use the 360 controller as a USB controller like I mentioned above, or if the 360 controller is not compatible with what ever game you are trying to play; there are a number of cheap USB controllers over at Wal-Mart that work just as well.

There are games such as FPS and RTS that are ALWAYS better with a mouse and keyboard. Anyone who says FPS games are just as good or better with a controller has obviously not played an FPS game using a mouse and keyboard...just sayin'.
---
SHAKE IT.... \m/ 0_0 \m/ ....BEFORE YA BAKE IT
#6Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/9/2013 5:24:11 PM
Too much pirating on PC
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#7LordPonchoPosted 3/9/2013 5:48:58 PM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
Too much pirating on PC

That explains why the PC market is booming and is projectes to surpass consoles by 2015, right?
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#8LordPonchoPosted 3/9/2013 5:50:56 PM
Lavargian posted...
I believe that the added customization options such as graphical options and modding, and the cheaper price tag of the game (49.99 instead of 59.99) makes playing games that have been ported from console to PC a WAY better deal.

Plus, look at the end of you Xbox 360 controller...it's a USB device. Plug that into your computer, and the ported game plays no differently than if you were playing it on an actual Xbox 360. Except for that it's better when it's played on the PC because of the above mentioned points, of course.

I highly doubt that this game will see the PC at all though because of the not so popular GTA IV port Rockstar did, and Red Dead Redemption has not and probably will not see a PC port. I don't know why the GTA IV port wasn't very popular. Like I said above, I just plugged my 360 controller into my computer, and it felt just like I was playing it on my Xbox. Other than the fact that it looked a lot nicer on my PC.

EDIT: Oh, and as far as your fighting games go, you can use the 360 controller as a USB controller like I mentioned above, or if the 360 controller is not compatible with what ever game you are trying to play; there are a number of cheap USB controllers over at Wal-Mart that work just as well.

There are games such as FPS and RTS that are ALWAYS better with a mouse and keyboard. Anyone who says FPS games are just as good or better with a controller has obviously not played an FPS game using a mouse and keyboard...just sayin'.

GTAIV is insanely popular on PC, whatchu talking about?
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#9CruorComaPosted 3/9/2013 10:04:15 PM
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
CruorComa posted...

Honestly, fighting games would be awkward with a Keyboard/mouse. However, thinking there's not enough games for the PC being devved is kind of an odd reason. I could understand you not wanting to shell out the cash required, but there's plenty of games and plenty of them in development.

It may sound strange, but I just find it extremely difficult to just ditch the Mortal Kombat series. It's been among my favourites for over 20 years now and was my first introduction to gaming as a medium. To bail now, just when the series has reached an entirely new high of quality, when there's so little incentive to do so; it just doesn't work for me.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#10BardockpwnsjooPosted 3/10/2013 3:20:28 AM
CruorComa posted...
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
CruorComa posted...

It may sound strange, but I just find it extremely difficult to just ditch the Mortal Kombat series. It's been among my favourites for over 20 years now and was my first introduction to gaming as a medium. To bail now, just when the series has reached an entirely new high of quality, when there's so little incentive to do so; it just doesn't work for me.

Okay.... Why would you have to bail out on your favorite console series play PC? Is there some law against owning both a gaming PC and a console and enjoying them both? Because if so, I'm screwed. I too have Mortal Kombat on my 360. I too have lots of other games on that console. I also have lots and lots of games on my PC, and I play both regularly.

Is it money? I could understand you not being to afford both, and having to sell one to get the other. Is that the case?
---