In the name of Talos, has there been any official announcement for PC yet?

#11CruorComaPosted 3/10/2013 4:22:41 AM
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
CruorComa posted...
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
CruorComa posted...
One of the many reasons why I don't hop on the PC gaming wagon. Some dev's don't just port late, but they don't see potential in the market and never even publish. Fighting games in particular.

Honestly, fighting games would be awkward with a Keyboard/mouse. However, thinking there's not enough games for the PC being devved is kind of an odd reason. I could understand you not wanting to shell out the cash required, but there's plenty of games and plenty of them in development.

It may sound strange, but I just find it extremely difficult to just ditch the Mortal Kombat series. It's been among my favourites for over 20 years now and was my first introduction to gaming as a medium. To bail now, just when the series has reached an entirely new high of quality, when there's so little incentive to do so; it just doesn't work for me.

Okay.... Why would you have to bail out on your favorite console series play PC? Is there some law against owning both a gaming PC and a console and enjoying them both? Because if so, I'm screwed. I too have Mortal Kombat on my 360. I too have lots of other games on that console. I also have lots and lots of games on my PC, and I play both regularly.

Is it money? I could understand you not being to afford both, and having to sell one to get the other. Is that the case?

That's exactly the case.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#12cheese_game619Posted 3/10/2013 5:35:40 AM
That explains why the PC market is booming and is projectes to surpass consoles by 2015, right?

whats the source of this id like to read about it
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#13Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/10/2013 7:54:14 AM
LordPoncho posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
Too much pirating on PC

That explains why the PC market is booming and is projectes to surpass consoles by 2015, right?

They been making that claim since forever, the same problem with pc gaming still exists, the average person can't, or is unwilling to keep upgrading their system on a constant basis to stay up to date. A decent PC for gaming tends to run anywhere from $1500 to $2000 (includes monitor and OS) which will allow you to play games at good settings for about...a year until you have to start upgrading your system.

On the other hand, even at launch a PS3 was $600 (I think, I waited about a year before I got one), and has lasted about 5+ years running games at good settings the whole way. Even if you had to get a new one due to YLoD, thats simply another $300.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#14LordPonchoPosted 3/10/2013 1:52:29 PM
Usually, people ask for sources when Google doesn't find exactly what was stated. In here, a simple Google search of "PC sales to surpass console" would have gotten you pages upon pages of many analysts, companies in the industry, and journalists all saying that PC will surpass consoles by 2014/2015.

So, no, I'm not going to source it because you were too lazy to search validity of such claims.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#15sal9e3sPosted 3/10/2013 3:49:46 PM
LordPoncho posted...
Usually, people ask for sources when Google doesn't find exactly what was stated. In here, a simple Google search of "PC sales to surpass console" would have gotten you pages upon pages of many analysts, companies in the industry, and journalists all saying that PC will surpass consoles by 2014/2015.

So, no, I'm not going to source it because you were too lazy to search validity of such claims.

wow

You sound like a fundie. Usually how these things work is the one making the claim provides the sources. It was lazy on your part for not supplying a link in the first place. But I understand why you didn't ;)
---
GT - Burrito Diablo
#16BardockpwnsjooPosted 3/10/2013 4:15:12 PM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
Too much pirating on PC

They been making that claim since forever, the same problem with pc gaming still exists, the average person can't, or is unwilling to keep upgrading their system on a constant basis to stay up to date. A decent PC for gaming tends to run anywhere from $1500 to $2000 (includes monitor and OS) which will allow you to play games at good settings for about...a year until you have to start upgrading your system.

On the other hand, even at launch a PS3 was $600 (I think, I waited about a year before I got one), and has lasted about 5+ years running games at good settings the whole way. Even if you had to get a new one due to YLoD, thats simply another $300.

That's not the case at all, that's the case that's made by Console owners who can't afford a PC and have no idea what the Hardware or the market is like. I'm not trashing you, at all. I was only just able to afford my gaming PC LATE last year. This isn't even a year old computer yet.

I will not have to update this constantly. That is misinformation. This computer was built to last for years. Unless they come out with something SIGNIFICANTLY faster than my Quadcore 3.5 Ghz processor and somehow pump out games using that speed of processor at an atonishing rate, I won't have to update crap. My GPU, CPU, Processor, and Harddrive will be good to go for quite some time.

Please stop spreading misinformation. This isn't the early 2000's anymore.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#17LordPonchoPosted 3/10/2013 6:36:32 PM
sal9e3s posted...
LordPoncho posted...

wow

You sound like a fundie. Usually how these things work is the one making the claim provides the sources. It was lazy on your part for not supplying a link in the first place. But I understand why you didn't ;)

Since you're incapable of doing this, here you go. Pick your poison, dozens upon dozens of reports claiming the same thing (most from Nvidia, but plenty from others).

https://www.google.com/search?redir_esc=&redir_esc=&hl=en-US&client=ms-android-verizon&source=android-browser-type&v=210020311&qsubts=1362965718848&action=devloc&q=pc%20sales%20to%20surpass%20consoles
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#18Mentalpatient87Posted 3/10/2013 7:19:34 PM
LordPoncho posted...
Since you're incapable of doing this, here you go. Pick your poison, dozens upon dozens of reports claiming the same thing (most from Nvidia, but plenty from others).

https://www.google.com/search?redir_esc=&redir_esc=&hl=en-US&client=ms-android-verizon&source=android-browser-type&v=210020311&qsubts=1362965718848&action=devloc&q=pc%20sales%20to%20surpass%20consoles

Didn't think I'd have to do this to you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_burden_of_proof

You posited the idea, it's on you to provide the data. You know this, man, don't act like you don't. No need to get into a huff about it.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#19sal9e3sPosted 3/10/2013 7:27:41 PM
LordPoncho posted...
sal9e3s posted...
LordPoncho posted...

wow

Trust me, I checked. And you're right, they're mostly from Nvidia. "Pages upon pages" of pretty much just the one...from Nvidia, a company that makes GPUs
---
GT - Burrito Diablo
#20cheese_game619Posted 3/10/2013 10:30:26 PM
No need to get into a huff

you should take this advice on board for life in general ponpon it will make you happier
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg