This game is going to blow here's why.

#131DarkLordMorsulPosted 3/24/2013 6:00:19 PM
They do however have some goood Television. Dr Who, Keeping up Appearences, Vicar of Dibley, Are you Being Served.
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#132hellfire582Posted 3/24/2013 6:14:28 PM
LordPoncho posted...
hellfire582 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
cheese_game619 posted...
they use something thats a lot harder to kill someone with, both physically and mentally, resulting in far fewer murders

A Google search of "UK murder rate" tells me that the UK has a higher rate of murders than the US. You might have fewer, but there's also fewer people living g there, but the ratio is higher for the UK.

I would suggest researching before making such a claim next time.

I would suggest researching more thoroughly next time you try to discredit someone's claims. As cheese just proved, the UK has both a lower rate and a lower absolute number of murders. I really don't see how anyone is surprised by this. When you take away guns, it's not all knife murders are going to increase so dramatically that they compensate for all the gun murders you had before. You're obviously going to end up with a lower murder rate.

Here's an excellent counter argument to show gun control doesn't work.

Mexico has some of the tightest gun control laws in the world, but one of the highest murder rates. They have one of the lowest percentages of gun ownership, but out murder the US and UK.

Point in case, gun control doesn't stop murders, nor does it stop people from getting said guns illegally.

Mexico also has one of the highest rates of drug-related crime in the world. No one is saying that a gun ban will immediately keep criminals from getting guns and committing crimes; you obviously still need law enforcement to do that. However, there's no question that a gun ban would prevent at least some of the violent crimes that take place in the US. As far as I'm concerned, I really don't care if hunters don't get to shoot at deer in their backyard if that means that even one or two lives a year can be saved.
#133puffinslaughterPosted 3/24/2013 6:26:27 PM
I actually like Britain. I've always wanted to visit there. But yeah, no guns here wouldn't solve jack. People find ways. If they're willing to risk getting caught with murder, they're willing to risk buying guns illegally.
---
Kris Letang stat tracker ~ 3 Goals, 25 Assists, +11 Pittsburgh Penguins: 24-8
http://i.imgur.com/gKedoAK.png ~grape_purple ^_^
#134DarkLordMorsulPosted 3/24/2013 6:40:42 PM
hellfire582 posted...

However, there's no question that a gun ban would prevent at least some of the violent crimes that take place in the US. As far as I'm concerned, I really don't care if hunters don't get to shoot at deer in their backyard if that means that even one or two lives a year can be saved.

No thanks. The POTUS basically said drone strikes on our own citizens is legal AND wants to take away the only means we'd have to fight back. Not a great combination.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Anti-gun folks seem to think murder magically appeared when guns were created...

And they're sort of hypersensitive to the whole thing...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2013/03/05/pop-tart-gun-suspension-seriously-folks/
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#135LordPonchoPosted 3/24/2013 7:08:18 PM
hellfire582 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
hellfire582 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
cheese_game619 posted...
they use something thats a lot harder to kill someone with, both physically and mentally, resulting in far fewer murders

A Google search of "UK murder rate" tells me that the UK has a higher rate of murders than the US. You might have fewer, but there's also fewer people living g there, but the ratio is higher for the UK.

I would suggest researching before making such a claim next time.

I would suggest researching more thoroughly next time you try to discredit someone's claims. As cheese just proved, the UK has both a lower rate and a lower absolute number of murders. I really don't see how anyone is surprised by this. When you take away guns, it's not all knife murders are going to increase so dramatically that they compensate for all the gun murders you had before. You're obviously going to end up with a lower murder rate.

Here's an excellent counter argument to show gun control doesn't work.

Mexico has some of the tightest gun control laws in the world, but one of the highest murder rates. They have one of the lowest percentages of gun ownership, but out murder the US and UK.

Point in case, gun control doesn't stop murders, nor does it stop people from getting said guns illegally.

Mexico also has one of the highest rates of drug-related crime in the world. No one is saying that a gun ban will immediately keep criminals from getting guns and committing crimes; you obviously still need law enforcement to do that. However, there's no question that a gun ban would prevent at least some of the violent crimes that take place in the US. As far as I'm concerned, I really don't care if hunters don't get to shoot at deer in their backyard if that means that even one or two lives a year can be saved.

What does having a high drug rate have to do with this? Nothing. If there's a cause for violence, there will be violence. It doesn't take easily accessible weapons for there to be murders.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#136cheese_game619Posted 3/24/2013 7:09:30 PM
gun control would be a problem in the usa because of the culture there, its too far in to go back on now

what they need to do instead is legalise weed so then everyone will be much nicer to each other
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#137CruorComaPosted 3/24/2013 11:46:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#138tzar_666Posted 3/25/2013 2:10:44 AM
cheese_game619 posted...
gun control would be a problem in the usa because of the culture there, its too far in to go back on now

what they need to do instead is legalise weed so then everyone will be much nicer to each other

tell that to the southern gangs who spread murder all across the south. oh and in ohio its meth thats the problem
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#139cheese_game619Posted 3/25/2013 2:14:02 AM
you mean the criminals making money off it being illegal

what has meth got to do with anything
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#140tzar_666Posted 3/25/2013 2:17:22 AM
cheese_game619 posted...
you mean the criminals making money off it being illegal

what has meth got to do with anything

ya. im just saying if we want weed its grown between the corn rows. meth is our problem.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2