I feel a sense of instability...

#1NanuzshPosted 3/16/2013 8:20:09 PM
The whole three protagonist thing is gonna mess with my head for sure. I was always accustomed to one protagonist at a time; it allowed me to relate to him, u know, like we do in games, and would be my rock in a game where everything else would be ever changing. But three protagonists will kinda ruin the illusion of transporting myself into another virtual life, and the whole switching protagonists on the run thing will make it more glaring that I am indeed playing a game and it'll take away the immersion and novelty of it all.

Just my two cents.

Thoughts?
---
''You might be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater''-Austin Powers
#295_EclipsePosted 3/16/2013 8:28:55 PM
Place yourself in one, and a couple friends in the others shoes, problem solved.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#3CruorComaPosted 3/16/2013 9:10:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 3/17/2013 3:04:47 AM
I don't like the multi-protagonist system either.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#5njbeachbumPosted 3/17/2013 6:35:35 AM
Nanuzsh posted...
The whole three protagonist thing is gonna mess with my head for sure. I was always accustomed to one protagonist at a time; it allowed me to relate to him, u know, like we do in games, and would be my rock in a game where everything else would be ever changing. But three protagonists will kinda ruin the illusion of transporting myself into another virtual life, and the whole switching protagonists on the run thing will make it more glaring that I am indeed playing a game and it'll take away the immersion and novelty of it all.

Just my two cents.

Thoughts?

Pretend you have multiple personalities.
---
EMS Rule: If it's wet, sticky and not yours....don't touch it.
#6nativenginePosted 3/17/2013 6:38:43 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
Place yourself in one, and a couple friends in the others shoes, problem solved.

No co-op
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTA5 boards
#7jazztronautPosted 3/19/2013 6:54:25 PM
I too have a feeling that we will be left with one protag once the main story is complete and depending on your actions it could be any one of the three
---
If you love your job, you'll never have to work a day in your life.
psn: jazztronaut
#8Mentalpatient87Posted 3/19/2013 7:22:35 PM
jazztronaut posted...
I too have a feeling that we will be left with one protag once the main story is complete and depending on your actions it could be any one of the three

How would we do the character-specific side stuff for the other two that way?
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#9DarkLordMorsulPosted 3/19/2013 7:27:22 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
jazztronaut posted...

How would we do the character-specific side stuff for the other two that way?

Tht'll be your replay value... and out of curiousity does any thing the DLCs will be GTAIV style with even more characters?
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#10ViciousXl2Posted 3/19/2013 8:16:41 PM
It's different, that's for sure.
But I'm interested to see how they pull it off
---
The answer to your first question is shaddup