Since its a larger map it should be 32 player

#11tzar_666Posted 3/17/2013 10:35:37 PM
more room for cheaters to drop cars on people.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#1295_EclipsePosted 3/17/2013 11:38:08 PM
I just hope the hinges on my hood and doors aren't made out of plastic anymore o.o
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#13LordPonchoPosted 3/18/2013 1:27:25 AM
L0Z posted...
ps3 is certainly capable of 32 person infrastructure

That's why so many games have done it, right?

MAG doesn't count, it uses dedicated servers. Same goes for Resistance.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#14mrolympia78Posted 3/21/2013 8:56:51 AM
multiplayer was an afterthought in GTA 4, I sense it will be a waste of memory again.
---
Wanted: University of Iowa athletic director and head football coach. Any competent individual may apply. Started: 9/22/12
#15B0vrilPosted 3/21/2013 11:07:13 AM
LordPoncho posted...
L0Z posted...
ps3 is certainly capable of 32 person infrastructure

That's why so many games have done it, right?

MAG doesn't count, it uses dedicated servers. Same goes for Resistance.

But it's not just plain old dedicated severs right? I am pretty sure it's some super nano structured, monkey operated server.
#16angeldeath21Posted 3/21/2013 9:47:09 PM
mrolympia78 posted...
multiplayer was an afterthought in GTA 4, I sense it will be a waste of memory again.

One of the best damn afterthoughts I've ever experienced.

If GTA V's multiplayer is just a second thought, then I should expect it to be a masterpiece.
---
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."
#17CruorComaPosted 3/21/2013 9:51:20 PM
angeldeath21 posted...
mrolympia78 posted...

One of the best damn afterthoughts I've ever experienced.

If GTA V's multiplayer is just a second thought, then I should expect it to be a masterpiece.

I agree.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#18CruorComaPosted 3/22/2013 1:28:20 AM(edited)
Also, I must ask; given that Defiance is coming out on consoles soon, and it's a full MMO with a player count far exceeding 32, why is it an impossibility to have 32 players playing on GTA V?
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#19JManGTPosted 3/22/2013 5:23:16 AM
CruorComa posted...
Also, I must ask; given that Defiance is coming out on consoles soon, and it's a full MMO with a player count far exceeding 32, why is it an impossibility to have 32 players playing on GTA V?

Physics for one,
Rendering and AI for another.
---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#20LordPonchoPosted 3/22/2013 8:03:54 AM
CruorComa posted...

It isn't Peer to Peer. That's why I stated that Resistance and MAG don't count either. (DCUO as well! I suppose.) GTA likely wont have dedicated servers because it's impossible for a console to host one, and has to be done either by Rockstar/Take Two or through third party rentals, who h isn't always successful. It's a big gamble that Rockstar likely won't see as being worth it.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800