Went back and played Grand Theft Auto 4..

#21Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/22/2013 6:08:37 PM
LordPoncho posted...
BetelJoose posted...
Malefaction posted...
Saints row is the definition of lowest common denominator entertainment. It's no suprise that the dumbest and most easily entertained prefer Saints row to GTA.

It's a good thing I prefer both in their own rights, I guess I'm an outlier.

Do you prefer Saints to GTA by any chance? I am having trouble telling these sort of things by first impression.

This. They're very different games. I wouldn't compare them side by side because they each have their own merits.

I hate it when people pull that apples and oranges crap.

You know what, I can compare apples and oranges. Apples taste better and require less work to enjoy.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#22BetelJoosePosted 3/22/2013 6:19:03 PM(edited)
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...

You know what, I can compare apples and oranges. Apples taste better and require less work to enjoy.

I know what you mean, seeing people voice their opinions makes me mad too.

Oranges are better though.
#23LordPonchoPosted 3/22/2013 9:10:03 PM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
BetelJoose posted...
Malefaction posted...
Saints row is the definition of lowest common denominator entertainment. It's no suprise that the dumbest and most easily entertained prefer Saints row to GTA.

Do you prefer Saints to GTA by any chance? I am having trouble telling these sort of things by first impression.

This. They're very different games. I wouldn't compare them side by side because they each have their own merits.

I don't have words to explain how terrible of a post this is.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#24Sword_of_DuskPosted 3/23/2013 3:05:33 AM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
BetelJoose posted...
Malefaction posted...

You.....nevermind. I don't think you get it.
---
Kraden: If my pigeon threw fireballs, perhaps it would put you out of a job!
Tyrell: What, are you saying that I'm dumber than some bird?!
#25DojorkanPosted 3/23/2013 8:36:01 AM
Malefaction posted...
BetelJoose posted...
Malefaction posted...

I don't like Saints Row. I think it's extremely stupid and it's humor is something a 12 year old would find funny. No knock against people who enjoy the game, It's really not my thing. I remember the absolute flood of idiot posts on gamefaqs claiming how much better Saints Row was than GTA. So I checked it out, and I couldn't actually believe my eyes, Saints Row was crap inside and out.

I agree with you on the humor part, ESPECIALLY in SR3. However I really like the game play and customization. Along with having more stuff to do (more so for SR2 than 3).
---
If you watch "Doctor Who" and play Pokemon Platinum, this will blow your mind-
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6649/1262538638159.jpg
#26Johnny_Jon_117Posted 3/28/2013 4:50:29 PM
PokeyBanana posted...
It wasn't as good as San Andreas.

Sigh
---
"There must be simplified explanations of nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such faith comforts the software engineer." -Einstein
#27whiteboygenePosted 3/28/2013 6:36:04 PM
Perfect Light posted...
I can't get enough GTA IV.

This is a man with excellent taste.
---
Good deeds should be done not for pizzas and blowies or to please an invisible deity, go **** yourself. People who agree: 848
#28assassinreaperPosted 3/29/2013 7:16:14 AM
Gtalady91 posted...
Yes

GTA IV is a great game

Best in the series if you ask me

Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself all over again

I actually have to pick up another copy

Mine broke the other day :(

Its my fault that I moved the system while it was running

No one to blame but myself

Once I get it ill be starting my 8th play through

Fixed
---
Bacon is the ultimate troll bait, just bring it up and watch the wildfire
#29R0ttedHorrorPosted 3/29/2013 9:37:11 AM
it took me about 3 playthroughs to realise IV's radio stations are completely underrated. they didnt emphasize on the obvious genres but its okay cause they excelled in the lesser known genres.
like for real... they put this song in for Niko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtzlFO19m3k
i dont listen to funk, but its just too damn appropriate NOT to listen to it while driving around Liberty City.
or at night, the R&B station plays Minnie Ripperton, Isley Brothers, and Marvin Gaye. gives off an awesome 1970's blaxploitation atmosphere.

srry i just cant stress enough how cinematically fitting the soundtrack was in IV.
---
hidden camera or hidden agenda?