This is why I, as a gamer, was not upset by the GTA V delay (30 minute video)

#1TtotheJ123Posted 3/25/2013 2:54:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XZxXEidtxHk#!

Amazingly insightful video. I would consider Rockstar, and 2K for that matter, to be one of the few companies that do not press development for release after release after release. They know that as long as they make quality games, they will make money. The assembly line process of making games can only last so long before gamers get fed up with shoddy quality and spend their money on respectable developers.
---
I've been under fire before. Well ... I've been in a fire. Actually, I was fired. I can handle myself.
#2panda360Posted 3/25/2013 4:56:27 PM
Wasn't upset either, pretty much the same reason you gave too.

With Rockstar you know that you're going to get a good product and the wait is worth it. Even the DLC for GTA IV felt really well made.
#3VG_SoldierPosted 3/25/2013 5:12:32 PM
Yeah, it didn't bother me much, either. In fact, I kind of looked at it as one more example pointing to why Rockstar is an AAA+++ developer.
---
If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him. ---
In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace.
#4TtotheJ123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 6:39:58 PM
You guys are both right, the way I see it. I know people "have the right" to be disappointed. But really, in my opinion, that is the school of thought that breeds the shoddy, unpolished games we see more and more of today.

I like the fact that Rockstar makes a game then steps away from it for a few years. If they could make the games faster, I'm sure they would, but I'm also sure that they would never want to compromise the quality of the game just to up a release date. That is why I respect companies like Rockstar, Naughty Dog, and Irrational. And respect publishers that don't force release dates on developers... EA.
---
I've been under fire before. Well ... I've been in a fire. Actually, I was fired. I can handle myself.
#5Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/26/2013 6:40:37 PM
I've always felt this way about Rockstar, they take as long as they need to in order to make their game as good as they can before they release it. This is how all developers/publishers should be.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#6TtotheJ123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 11:20:09 PM
Agreed. I hope some of the lackluster companies get a wake up call soon.

Oh and in my first post I meant Take Two, not 2K.
---
#7OllyKiriyamaPosted 3/27/2013 12:38:03 AM
I wouldn't usually be upset, only now because it releases right at the end of my three month summer and I'd have to wait until May to play it :/

Still over another year for me, guys.
---
https://twitter.com/#!/OllyKiriyama
http://tinyurl.com/corsvfc - Petition to get Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut on Xbox 360
#8BardockpwnsjooPosted 3/27/2013 2:17:10 AM
OllyKiriyama posted...
I wouldn't usually be upset, only now because it releases right at the end of my three month summer and I'd have to wait until May to play it :/

Damn, that's rough. I would say that's life, and it is, but that is definitely rough.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#9TtotheJ123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 1:16:32 PM
OllyKiriyama posted...

Eek. Feel your pain man. I remember for whatever reason I missed getting Red Dead Redemption the tuesday it came out. Sure enough, it was sold out EVERYWHERE in the surrounding area. I was like two weeks behind so I can only imagine how you'll be feeling.

Hang tough friendo.
---