Hi Guys!

#21puffinslaughterPosted 3/30/2013 12:46:09 PM
From: Mentalpatient87 | Posted: 3/30/2013 12:48:14 PM | #018
What are your current specs? With a bit of looking in Control Panel > System > Device Manager and Newegg.com you can upgrade most of your PC by just swapping out parts into their appropriate ports and installing drivers.

Dell Inspiron 530 Intel 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz, whatever that means.

And 3 gb of RAM, 32 bit
---
Kris Letang stat tracker ~ 3 Goals, 25 Assists, +11 Pittsburgh Penguins: 27-8
http://i.imgur.com/gKedoAK.png ~grape_purple ^_^
#22nativenginePosted 3/30/2013 1:24:20 PM
Hey mentialpatient and lordponcho, you guys seem very knowledgable in PC gaming. Riddle me this, are the Alienware PCs worth the price? Or is it better for me to update my current rig? I had my friend build the one I have and he's very familiar wirh it and he says Alienware is good but not worth the price. On the flip side, my other friend has one and I gotta say I like it. So worth the coin or just update what I have?
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#23LordPonchoPosted 3/30/2013 3:54:46 PM
nativengine posted...
Hey mentialpatient and lordponcho, you guys seem very knowledgable in PC gaming. Riddle me this, are the Alienware PCs worth the price? Or is it better for me to update my current rig? I had my friend build the one I have and he's very familiar wirh it and he says Alienware is good but not worth the price. On the flip side, my other friend has one and I gotta say I like it. So worth the coin or just update what I have?

Desktop Alienware, definitely not. A laptop, it is possible to find one for a decent value.

I would recommend doing some studying (reading reviews on newegg can go a long way towards saving you money) and have your friend build something for you. You'll end up saving a lot of money and get something similar to what you'd get with Alienware, usually even better.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#24nativenginePosted 3/30/2013 4:17:57 PM
LordPoncho posted...
nativengine posted...

Desktop Alienware, definitely not. A laptop, it is possible to find one for a decent value.

I would recommend doing some studying (reading reviews on newegg can go a long way towards saving you money) and have your friend build something for you. You'll end up saving a lot of money and get something similar to what you'd get with Alienware, usually even better.

Almost verbatim what my friend says. I haven't had a chance to try their laptops yet but I use my laptop for business. I'm just gonna update my current rig, it's been about 5 years so its time.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#25Gtalady91Posted 3/30/2013 7:32:58 PM
nativengine posted...

Alienware sux

Ok it it's good but way overpriced

Just update brah
---
Gt: Detroit Code
If you ain't first your last