I hope this game has a happy ending.

#1jaoman69Posted 3/31/2013 2:29:06 PM
The only thing bad about GTAIV was that there was no happy ending someone close to you dies either way.
#2DarkLordMorsulPosted 3/31/2013 2:59:42 PM
Depends I thought Kate was annoying and didn't mind that she died.
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#3jaoman69(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 3:02:54 PM
DarkLordMorsul posted...

i guess but im talking in terms of story though
#4DarkLordMorsulPosted 3/31/2013 3:26:06 PM
Fair enough I mean many people don't like that Niko pretty much ends up exactly where he was when he first arrived. For me though it sort of felt powerful especially after the credits.

"So this is what the dream feels like?
This is the vitory we longed for?"

The fact that either choice results in a similar ending it also symbolises for me anyway, the fact that no matter what we choose we're heading for the same fate. I know that sounds depressing, so I understand wanting a happier ending. I think if they forgo the Fable(moral story not game) Style ending then it'll be easier. Sure it could be relevant and happy but most fables end badly to be a cautionary tale.

for me the story was always about the American Dream Myth and in the end he gets it but doesn't feel fulfilled. Sort of like when He chooses to kill or not kill Dardin, and realises it really meant nothing

That's why I love the writing and why I personally loved hanging out with friends when Roman and Niko talk about "Shortcuts" to the dream and Niko very pointedly points out most people won't benefit from them.

Also some moments where it really makes you think about yourself. The Gambetti patriarch when he says (Paraphrasing don't remember the whole quote, also language)
"I'm Vane You're vane. We're all vane. You think I like when the pretty nurse has to come in and clean me up?"

I just hope the writing is up to par with GTAIV.
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#5whiteboygenePosted 3/31/2013 5:46:47 PM
I do too, kinda, in a way...

... but we all know that it won't.
---
Good deeds should be done not for pizzas and blowies or to please an invisible deity, go **** yourself. People who agree: 848
#6toliveiraPosted 4/1/2013 11:45:19 AM
jaoman69 posted...
The only thing bad about GTAIV was that there was no happy ending someone close to you dies either way.

I'm not sure if the whole robbing banks thing and the pursuit of the almighty dollar will have good outcomes for all the three protags, don't be surprised if one of them dies or something..

Or chop dies..
#7R0ttedHorrorPosted 4/1/2013 1:39:11 PM(edited)
toliveira posted...
I'm not sure if the whole robbing banks thing and the pursuit of the almighty dollar will have good outcomes for all the three protags, don't be surprised if one of them dies or something..

right and i've actually been wondering about this. surely this game wont have a Super Mega Happy Ending; atleast one of our guys will be killed or end up in prison.
so that would mean taking away one of our playable characters that we've been using for his respective "unique hobby" and/or any special skills that he had.
so either we'll probably get something taken away or said doomed character wont have much uniqueness to him.

then again this is only if they each have unique skills/abilities to begin with.
---
hidden camera or hidden agenda?
#8nativenginePosted 4/1/2013 2:02:51 PM
I don't think one of the protagonist will die but I think the s*** is gonna come down on Michael hard. Since (as of right now anyways) the story seems to have him at it's center(again, at this time and with what info we have). I think not only will his family fall apart, seems to be in the process anyways, but one of his kids will die. I think we may even be forced to make a choice as to which one dies. We as the player won't know which one will die kinda like GTA4 with Kate and Roman we will have to make a choice unaware of the outcome. GTA5 has proven me wrong about 3 times now and the game isn't even out yet so take this for what it is, an educated guess.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#9Mentalpatient87Posted 4/1/2013 2:15:07 PM
I hope it turns out well, too. Some melancholy, we'll have to lose some friends along the way (but I don't think any of the 3 Amigos) but overall a happy end.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#10DruffPosted 4/1/2013 2:24:30 PM
DarkLordMorsul posted...

Niko minded. He never got to f*** her.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four