Will this be the best game released so far in the 2000s?

#1Kovalchuk_Posted 4/3/2013 3:54:45 PM
I don't see any reason why it won't be.
---
Gamefaqs:
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/too-true-g1.gif
#2ninjaman148Posted 4/3/2013 4:00:38 PM
The 2000s are long gone. We are in the 2010s now.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#3DruffPosted 4/3/2013 4:47:46 PM
We'll be in the 2000s until we get to the 3000s.

And the answer is- maybe, maybe not.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#4HoosierGuy88Posted 4/3/2013 5:03:34 PM(edited)
Best game of the millennium? That's quite hard to say. In a few hundred years games will probably be so advanced that it will be near impossible to distinguish them from real life. So playing Grand Theft Auto that way would probably be much more fun. People will look back at GTA V and wonder how people could be entertained by that. But since you did say "so far" I'll go ahead and just say yes. It will most likely be the best game released so far in the 2000's. To me anyway.
#5enterthemadroxPosted 4/3/2013 5:13:54 PM
ninjaman148 posted...
The 2000s are long gone. We are in the 2010s now.

This.

Also.....no. Not dissing the game but with every new "OMG DIS IZ AMAZIN!" game that comes out, there's always a better one.

Plus it's subjective. People here would say GTA IV was the best game of the 2000s while I personally thought it blew chunks and was amongst the worst with Saints Row 2 giving us what GTA IV sorely lacked.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#6nativenginePosted 4/3/2013 5:22:34 PM
Will it be the best game this generation of consoles? Is how I would've asked the question. Either way, I understand what you're asking so I'll say that it's very likely. Currently, in my honest opinion, Red Dead Redemption takes the cake. It's just such a well done game all the way around. As an "older" gamer I'm finding it hard to sit down for 3-4 hours and play a game, RDR is a game I can play all f***ing day and night. My friend describes RDR as " Oregon Trail meets GTA" which I feel is a fair description.

Now, when we take all things into consideration, the chances of GTA5 being the best game this gen, I say it's likely. Typically my response to a question like this would be "I need to play the game first" but this is GTA, and beyond that, this is f***ing Rockstar we're talking about here so I already know this game will deliver. This isn't our yearly COD or Madden or NFS we're talking about, this is GTA. A game that set the standard(IMO) for other games. Hell, I literally rate every game I play against GTA. Not a fair comparison on my part but GTA shows other developers this is what a video game should be.

After this very long winded post I'll sum up my answer with YES, this game will be the best game this gen. For me anyways, I don't give a flying f*** what anyone else says, Imma playing the s*** outta this game and have no doubt in my mind that , for me anyways, this will be the best game this gen.

Sorry guys for the long post guys.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#7Brave RaideenPosted 4/3/2013 6:02:23 PM
ITT: people who don't understand numbers
---
Fade in
God Arrow
#8LordPonchoPosted 4/3/2013 8:22:29 PM
Nope. Early 2000s PC gaming was a wonderful time. The experiences I got from PC gaming from 2000-2005 will never be replicated.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#9professor_choasPosted 4/3/2013 10:17:45 PM
I would say its going to be the best game of the genre no doubt. To say it'll be the best released of this generation or starting from the year 2000 is all a matter of opinion. I've gotten as much if not more of my money's worth from games like Fallout New Vegas, Just Cause 2, Mirror's Edge, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, Gran Turismo and Forza, Battlefield 3, and I could name plenty more. So as far as open world 3rd person shooters go, yes GTAV could be the best this generation of consoles will see. I don't know if you could say its game of the generation though. We'll have to wait until it comes out to judge that.
---
That activates my hilarity unit.
#10Kovalchuk_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 6:37:19 AM
LordPoncho posted...
Nope. Early 2000s PC gaming was a wonderful time. The experiences I got from PC gaming from 2000-2005 will never be replicated.

World of Warcraft?

I had some great times on that...
---
Gamefaqs:
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/too-true-g1.gif