Is there a timeline for all the games?

#1RahzarXPosted 4/3/2013 5:00:52 PM
Or do they exist in different universes?
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#2ninjaman148Posted 4/3/2013 5:16:12 PM
I'm not sure a out the whole universe thing but each game takes place in a different time:

GTA IV - Mid-Late 2000s (circa 2007-2008)
GTA III - Early 2000s (2000-2001)
GTA:VC - 1986
GTA:SA - 1992
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#3nativenginePosted 4/3/2013 5:27:44 PM
GTA1 & 2 = 2 D universe

GTA3, Vice City & San Andreas = 3D universe

GTA4, The Lost and Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony, Chinatown Wars & GTA5 = HD universe

Hope th^is helps, GTA5 will in fact be in the same "universe" as GTA4 and it's episodes.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#4sidstarterPosted 4/3/2013 5:53:06 PM
nativengine posted...
GTA1 & 2 = 2 D universe

GTA4, The Lost and Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony, Chinatown Wars & GTA5 = HD universe

Hope th^is helps, GTA5 will in fact be in the same "universe" as GTA4 and it's episodes.

....You are kind of dumb.
---
:O
#5nativenginePosted 4/3/2013 5:59:19 PM
sidstarter posted...
nativengine posted...
GTA1 & 2 = 2 D universe

Please elaborate
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#6MShogunHPosted 4/3/2013 6:31:07 PM
sidstarter posted...
nativengine posted...
GTA1 & 2 = 2 D universe

Actually hes right.... who's dumb now?
---
(PSN: MShogunH)
Grand Theft Auto V Countdown: 167 Days
#7LordPonchoPosted 4/3/2013 8:19:45 PM
sidstarter posted...
nativengine posted...
GTA1 & 2 = 2 D universe

I would like to know how he's dumb.

And I would like to know why you think you can insult a regular when you're a completely nobody to us?
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#8sidstarterPosted 4/4/2013 12:26:43 AM(edited)
nativengine posted...
sidstarter posted...
nativengine posted...
GTA1 & 2 = 2 D universe

Please elaborate

Well, when the TC asked about different universes, I highly doubt he was asking the difference visuals of the game, 2D in standard definition vs 3D in sd and 3D in high def.

When people talk about video game universes, they are usually referring to the events, characters, plot of one game and he was asking whether what holds true for one GTA game, in regards to the characters, the people who die, the plot, time period etc, are still true for the newer game. The fact that you ignored all that and just talked about the games being 2D, 3D, etc. showed (to me) a lack of reading comprehension and made me think "....you're kind of dumb."

He may actually be asking for what you answered and if he is, I stand corrected. But I somehow doubt it.

Also, the fact that he's a "regular" on these boards doesn't change anything. You're all nobodies. None of you know each other.
---
:O
#9ViciousXl2Posted 4/4/2013 12:59:58 AM
sidstarter posted...
nativengine posted...
sidstarter posted...
nativengine posted...
GTA1 & 2 = 2 D universe

Please elaborate

The fact that you ignored all that and just talked about the games being 2D, 3D, etc. showed (to me) a lack of reading comprehension and made me think "....you're kind of dumb."

The 2D, 3D, and HD thing refers to each respective era/universe
---
The answer to your first question is shaddup
#10MShogunHPosted 4/4/2013 1:00:47 AM
sidstarter posted...
nativengine posted...
sidstarter posted...
nativengine posted...
GTA1 & 2 = 2 D universe

Please elaborate

Well, when the TC asked about different universes, I highly doubt he was asking the difference visuals of the game, 2D in standard definition vs 3D in sd and 3D in high def.

When people talk about video game universes, they are usually referring to the events, characters, plot of one game and he was asking whether what holds true for one GTA game, in regards to the characters, the people who die, the plot, time period etc, are still true for the newer game. The fact that you ignored all that and just talked about the games being 2D, 3D, etc. showed (to me) a lack of reading comprehension and made me think "....you're kind of dumb."

He may actually be asking for what you answered and if he is, I stand corrected. But I somehow doubt it.

Also, the fact that he's a "regular" on these boards doesn't change anything. You're all nobodies. None of you know each other.

LOOOOOL... make sure you know your s*** before calling someone out because you just made yourself seem really stupid smh...
---
(PSN: MShogunH)
Grand Theft Auto V Countdown: 166 Days