GTA character discussion Day 1: Claude (GTA III)

#1Sword_of_DuskPosted 4/4/2013 7:08:47 AM
In the interest of keeping this board alive, I invite you all to an open discussion of many of the characters in the GTA series. This is not a question of who is your favorite protagonist or anything, but rather an analysis of various characters' personalities, actions, and overall worth. I hope to see what you all truly think of these characters.

First up is Claude, the protagonist of GTA III. He wasn't exactly a motor mouth, but he sure knew how to get s*** done. A truly stone cold killer, how does he hold up as a character compared to other in the series? What makes him stand out, if he does at all?
---
Kraden: If my pigeon threw fireballs, perhaps it would put you out of a job!
Tyrell: What, are you saying that I'm dumber than some bird?!
#2BetelJoosePosted 4/4/2013 7:27:58 AM(edited)
He was the prostitute beating icon that always gets the spotlight whenever someone from the government believes that it is their time to address the "issue."

God bless Claude Speed, he may have been a mute errand boy, but I felt his antics paved the way to an even larger scale by using C4.
#3Sword_of_Dusk(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 12:18:24 PM
Bump.
---
Kraden: If my pigeon threw fireballs, perhaps it would put you out of a job!
Tyrell: What, are you saying that I'm dumber than some bird?!
#4mentallyfunny00Posted 4/5/2013 1:41:11 PM
it should be longer then a day more like a week not enough people come in 1 day.
---
Quack damn you!
#5afrodude77Posted 4/5/2013 3:27:24 PM
The silent badass who put Gta on it`s current hooker beating civilian killing path that we all know and love
---
We are the Lin Kuei, more stealthy than the night, more deadly than the dawn!
---
#6SBBrealquickPosted 4/5/2013 3:42:07 PM
IMO the best GTA protag. I loved taking the role of the silent observer who got **** done for people. Emotionless ****ing killer. They all have something to offer but in this instance I just think less is more.
#7puffinslaughterPosted 4/5/2013 3:57:09 PM
Never finished GTA III so I'm not sure what to say. He set the pace for the franchise, though.
---
Letang stat tracker ~ 3 Goals, 25 Assists Pittsburgh Penguins: 28-10 WELCOME JAROME IGINLA!
http://i.imgur.com/gKedoAK.png ~grape_purple ^_^
#8LordPonchoPosted 4/5/2013 4:21:27 PM
He is a man of many, MANY words.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#9nativenginePosted 4/5/2013 5:43:21 PM
Claude hold a special place in my memory. Being a guy of few words, he's actually a very intriguing character. He gets a thumbs up in my book.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#10HoosierGuy88Posted 4/5/2013 9:40:46 PM
I've played through GTA III more than any other GTA game. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times, but I've been playing it since it was released and still play it occasionally. That being said, Claude is the protagonist who first introduced me to the GTA series and I can't thank him enough for doing so. I never cared that he didn't speak, he didn't have to. It was clear that he was willing to do whatever was necessary to get the job done, whatever the job may be. Claude is one man you would not want to get on the bad side of. Catalina would agree if she was still alive.