Will lightning strike me in GTA V?

#1jedgar33797Posted 4/4/2013 2:03:30 PM
I'm calling it right now, yes in fact there will be a stat and cheat for this. How awesome and random it would be? On a day like any other during your usual GTA activities a thunder storm rolls through and you not really giving it a second thought continue with no real concern for the long ignored weather system, and then all of a sudden a thunderous roar and flash of light comes down upon. Maybe not killing you (at full health atleast) but certainly a low blow from the gods. If they left it as a rare occurrence as it should be I would truly welcome this. Please discuss.
---
XBL / PSN: jedgar33797
Helping people rage quit since 11/26/08
#2jedgar33797(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 2:05:39 PM
But don't quote me boy I ain't said s***
---
#3SBBrealquickPosted 4/4/2013 2:22:48 PM
This is one of the first things I considered when that pic got released (storm looked ****ing epic btw the ocean looks amazing), but I doubt it. I think the lightning will always be just a visual effect that happens somewhere in the distance. tbh, I'm not even sure getting hit by lightning in the game would actually be any fun.
#4jedgar33797(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 2:59:20 PM
SBBrealquick posted...
This is one of the first things I considered when that pic got released (storm looked ****ing epic btw the ocean looks amazing), but I doubt it. I think the lightning will always be just a visual effect that happens somewhere in the distance. tbh, I'm not even sure getting hit by lightning in the game would actually be any fun.

If you've ever been in a serious thunder storm before you know the angst that some where out there there's a powerful force to be reckoned with. Now incorporate that into game play, I'm not saying there's a good chance that you will get hit but imagine that there's rumors out there of people getting hit by lightning. Now always in the back of your head, it sounds pretty fun to me.
---
#5SBBrealquickPosted 4/4/2013 4:27:02 PM(edited)
yeah but say it does happen once and it's like ok, cool, that's a nice little novelty feature. In order to maintain some semblance of realism it'd pretty much never happen again, and if it did wouldn't it be frustrating if you're going about your business in the middle of some task and out of nowhere bam you're dead? it just seems like it'd be more frustrating and unrealistic than anything else. that said, it might be cool to see a tree or a lightning rod on top of a building or something like that get hit every once in awhile.
#6MShogunHPosted 4/4/2013 4:42:52 PM
Can you imagine the level of butthurt this would cause?

"I JUST FINALLY [insert achievement here] AND F****** LIGHTNING KILLED ME BEFORE I COULD SAVE!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!"
---
(PSN: MShogunH)
Grand Theft Auto V Countdown: 166 Days
#7jedgar33797(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 4:55:35 PM
I think we would be OK as long as it's a rare freak occurrence that almost never happens. It would definitely give us something else to do and not mention it adds another layer of reality.
---
#8SBBrealquickPosted 4/4/2013 5:03:32 PM
while we're on the subject of natural hazards I'm kinda not looking forward to having to be scared sharks when i jump in the water during a cop chase or whatever
#9nativenginePosted 4/4/2013 5:36:56 PM(edited)
I think we found our first GTA5 myth here guys
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#10jedgar33797(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 6:50:17 PM
SBBrealquick posted...
while we're on the subject of natural hazards I'm kinda not looking forward to having to be scared sharks when i jump in the water during a cop chase or whatever

Think we'll be able to fight off a shark attack? (via gunfire or explosions) heck we might even get spear guns and submersibles.
---