Will lightning strike me in GTA V?

#21B0vrilPosted 4/6/2013 10:28:16 AM
I don't know how much I'd like lighting actually hitting the player, but it would be neat if lighting could strike things. Imagine if it hit power cables or traffic lights & cause a small electrical explosion. Or if you're out in a boat during a storm it could hit the boat and the whole thing powers out.

But even with all that stuff, the general atmosphere is almost certainly going to be amazing.
#22ysukbPosted 4/6/2013 10:41:28 AM
it happens so rarely in real life, that including it in the game would already would be unrealistic. you have to figure it would hit you at least once I'd imagine. and for that to happen to everyone playing is absurd.

it would be cool for it to be the next bigfoot argument thought
---
Let's go Pens!
#23SBBrealquickPosted 4/6/2013 10:53:29 AM
I really like the idea of making it dangerous to fly through a storm. idk about a lightning strike, not sure how likely that would actually be, but like rain and high winds making flying difficult/dangerous in extreme situations would be awesome if used sparingly.
#24B0vrilPosted 4/6/2013 12:21:44 PM
SBBrealquick posted...
I really like the idea of making it dangerous to fly through a storm. idk about a lightning strike, not sure how likely that would actually be, but like rain and high winds making flying difficult/dangerous in extreme situations would be awesome if used sparingly.

That would be neat.
#25zeppelincheetahPosted 4/8/2013 11:28:39 PM
oh god I hope so that would be awesome! it would be very very rare like maybe once in every 100 times there's a storm and only if you're running around in the open.
---
if you wouldn't mind i would like to lose
~ c h e e t a h ~
#26jedgar33797(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 4:46:27 PM
zeppelincheetah posted...
oh god I hope so that would be awesome! it would be very very rare like maybe once in every 100 times there's a storm and only if you're running around in the open.

Exactly what I was thinking, but I also like the idea of using caution while flying through a thunder storm. I can imagine some gnarly bail outs due too engine failure.
---
XBL / PSN: jedgar33797
Helping people rage quit since 11/26/08
#27GarudinPosted 4/9/2013 6:38:26 PM
ysukb posted...
it happens so rarely in real life, that including it in the game would already would be unrealistic. you have to figure it would hit you at least once I'd imagine. and for that to happen to everyone playing is absurd.

They probably wouldn't make the chances that high that it would end up hitting each player at least once

Your idea isn't wrong but they have put in easter eggs throughout many games that are almost impossible to find, there a many examples of this is different games.

I think the many different designers that threw in their name or face in games are the best example, though these were by design supposed to go in without the developers permission there are other real easter eggs almost as impossible to find so they aren't above doing something like that
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea
#28jedgar33797(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 1:36:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vCq_5jYK4k

If it's anything like this we're definitely getting zapped. Can't wait :D
---
XBL / PSN: jedgar33797
Helping people rage quit since 11/26/08
#29laughandahalfPosted 4/17/2013 1:56:41 PM
Only when your character says something blasphemous.
#30NutralguyPosted 4/17/2013 11:21:09 PM
VincentVega13 posted...
So, lightning. If it were to happen on foot, out in the wilderness somewhere more than, say, twice I can see it being annoying. But if you fly a Dodo through a thunderstorm.... Now that could be awesome.

If we could switch it to cockpit view, would you think they would put in St. Elmo's fire?
---
I sit at a point in my life where my last string of sanity has to be tied to my middle finger.