Did Saints Row ever challenge GTA?

#21robo_robPosted 4/13/2013 8:56:48 PM
BetelJoose posted...
robo_rob posted...
You are definitely entitled to your opinion,

in which i am sure we all have our share of terrible ones, yourself included

but you must realize the majority does not share this opinion with you. Most people find Scorsese's movies to be very interesting and stimulating, and not boring and unappealing.

excuse me, do you have proof to back up this claim???

a few internet ´´critics´´ do not constitute as a viable source

Likewise, most people would not regard the C movies on the SyFy channel as "top quality".

more better than the crap ´´a´´ movies that are so critically acclaimed

However, you will probably find that your tastes become more refined as you grow up...hopefully.

maybe you should stop tasting crap, enjoying tasteless films and media would desensitize you from the pain you could feel in your sphincter sometime in the future....hopefully

My apologies, I did t know that post was a joke. There are so many classless morons on the Internet I was fully prepared to believe what you wrote.

But seriously, all I said was that Scorsese's films aren't boring, the man is one of the most critically acclaimed directors of all time. And what the hell do you know about my tastes, I haven't given you enough information to comment.

So sit down and chill out; you're insecurity is showing.
#22BetelJoosePosted 4/14/2013 6:07:08 AM
robo_rob posted...
My apologies, I did t know that post was a joke.

it wasnt, what made you think that it was???

There are so many classless morons on the Internet I was fully prepared to believe what you wrote.

as u shuld, i speak only truth in my posts, i agree on the morons part especially fans of gta bore (iv if u didnt kno)

But seriously, all I said was that Scorsese's films aren't boring, the man is one of the most critically acclaimed directors of all time.

overrated imo, hasn't made a decent film since the 90s if you can call that mess decent

And what the hell do you know about my tastes, I haven't given you enough information to comment.

i know enough to personally think your preferences are distasteful

So sit down and chill out; you're insecurity is showing.

M-my insecurity?! Look guy, I am a BIG BOY now! Oh God! I wonder how I would look if I admit to liking SA over IV! I cannot bear to have anyone judge me! I got it! I'll use projection and ad hominem to make up for my poor posting! On top of that, I'll throw some immature references in the mix, only then no one will realize how shallow I really am!

I am not shallow at all! I am mature for my age! I hope I didn't make a fool of myself! Oh GOD I DID DIDN'T I!
#23puffinslaughterPosted 4/14/2013 8:06:35 AM
Lol I think Betel is probably one of the best trolls on the board.

But don't worry TC, if people like just_blind and creep get their way, soon GTA will be more eccentric than Saints Row because "it's just a video game and should be as unrealistic as possible".
---
Tanger stat tracker ~ 4 Goals, 26 Assists Pittsburgh Penguins: 32-10 WELCOME JAROME IGINLA!
http://i.imgur.com/gKedoAK.png ~grape_purple ^_^
#24BetelJoosePosted 4/14/2013 4:49:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#25CyricsServantPosted 4/14/2013 6:12:29 PM(edited)
*Reads title*

In what capacity? In sales? Hell no!

But in my mind Saints Row has surpassed GTA in enjoyability.

Saints Row does what GTA hasn't since Vice City . . . it lets you build a criminal empire. For that reason Alone I like the SR series more.

I also have to agree with the poster(s) who said SRTT had better missions. The virtual reality showdown with the Deckers' leader, the assault on STAG with the laser beam equipped hover jet, and the wrestle-mania fight with Eddie were incredibly fun.
#26BardockpwnsjooPosted 4/14/2013 7:00:22 PM
Not really. Saints Row is an entirely different game than GTA. And people who say otherwise are idiots, which include some of the normally more intelligent people on this board. Protip: A game being in an open-world city with cars and guns does make it a GTA CLONE!!!Teh11!!!

And even less so since Saints Row 3 and now 4. They really had a good product in 2. It was fun, it was funny, and it had way better missions. There were also TONS of little things, like idle spots that if you stood in them you would do different stuff.

Three is what happens when a fourteen year old is given developmental control. And four is going to be just as bad. So no, Saints Row has not and never will come even near GTA if it keeps going down this road.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#27Strakadh_OFPosted 4/15/2013 7:09:58 AM
SR is not much more than an attempted ripoff of GTA that has to cater more and more to its 13 year old fanbase of raisin sacks with every installment.

Oh wow look an entire game series based around adding as much crude humor and dill does as possible to a perfectly fine existing model.

SR2 was a fun game worth playing, mainly because I played a British skinhead that had a bunch of gangbangers doing his bidding.
---
GT: The Trill Texan
#28CruorComaPosted 4/15/2013 7:12:17 AM
The series peaked in quality before it could become a threat.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#29BardockpwnsjooPosted 4/15/2013 3:31:10 PM
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
Not really. Saints Row is an entirely different game than GTA. And people who say otherwise are idiots, which include some of the normally more intelligent people on this board. Protip: A game being in an open-world city with cars and guns does make it a GTA CLONE!!!Teh11!!!

And even less so since Saints Row 3 and now 4. They really had a good product in 2. It was fun, it was funny, and it had way better missions. There were also TONS of little things, like idle spots that if you stood in them you would do different stuff.

Three is what happens when a fourteen year old is given developmental control. And four is going to be just as bad. So no, Saints Row has not and never will come even near GTA if it keeps going down this road.

That should read DOES NOT make it a clone. Too bad I didn't notice my crappy typo until I couldn't edit it anymore.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?