Ask yourself this question (GTA IV vs SA)

#1whiteboygenePosted 4/4/2013 8:10:57 PM
Do you think people who hate GTA IV yet enjoy (most) other open world gamesreally just simply have different tastes than the rest of us? Do you really believe that is the beginning and ending of it? I mean... one could choose to think so... but should one?

I am Gene aka WBG aka madboygene and you know what I am under the influence of at the moment. So basically what I am trying to ask is:

Is there a certain psychological demographic, or personality type, that applies to all of the people who have enjoyed past iterations of Grand Theft Auto, except for Grand Theft Auto IV?

or is there not?

I mean maybe you're all just a little bit attention deficit...

or not...

who's to say?

Maybe those of us who like all of them, especially GTA IV and the episodes, are just boring old men who like to play realism simulators, ha ha!

Whatever tickles your pickle.

Even if you guys are a little bit ridiclous.

At the end of the day no matter what you like we all *wipes brown*, regardless of if said brown wiping has anything to do with how awesome Grand Theft Auto FIVE will be, or if not... wait a minute
---
Good deeds should be done not for pizzas and blowies or to please an invisible deity, go **** yourself. People who agree: 848
#2LordPonchoPosted 4/4/2013 8:34:26 PM
You just couldn't resist...could you?

I realize you have pure intent, but you know how unlikely it is to get pure answers.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#3angeldeath21Posted 4/4/2013 8:39:20 PM
I agree with everything you said, but good deeds should always be done for blowies. Bad deeds, too. Any deed that results in a blow is good in my book, though.

Also I think most people preferred GTA IV, but online, especially in GameFAQworld, there is an extremely vocal minority of folks who preferred SA.

Think of it like shark attacks: they are so rare, but people always think they're at threat when they go to a beach because of how out-of-proportion they're blown (so I guess I need to become a shark...) by the media. The GTA IV haters / SA lovers are similar, except I don't want to be blown by them.

Well... maybe a little.
---
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."
#4BetelJoosePosted 4/4/2013 8:48:48 PM
San Andreas is the game where you can do anything! IV just has some Russian named Nico that only wants money. Uh, Hello? bore-ring, where are the freakin' cheats Rockstar!

How in the heck am I supposed to have fun in a sandbox if you give me no toys!

Customization is a must have in gaming now! How am I suppose to immerse myself if the character in the game is preset and I can't change his clothing to my liking? The variety is so low it is laughable!

The city! Don't let me get started on the city, there is nothing to do and the water looks too wet, honestly I can't enjoy all this realism they are pushing on me, I want to have fun, I want to have freedom!

Well, do you guys agree???
#5LordPonchoPosted 4/4/2013 10:57:43 PM
angeldeath21 posted...
I agree with everything you said, but good deeds should always be done for blowies. Bad deeds, too. Any deed that results in a blow is good in my book, though.

Also I think most people preferred GTA IV, but online, especially in GameFAQworld, there is an extremely vocal minority of folks who preferred SA.

Think of it like shark attacks: they are so rare, but people always think they're at threat when they go to a beach because of how out-of-proportion they're blown (so I guess I need to become a shark...) by the media. The GTA IV haters / SA lovers are similar, except I don't want to be blown by them.

Well... maybe a little.

Beware. Saying such things as they're a vocal minority is grounds for a heated debate. ;)
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#6Jaws_ThemePosted 4/5/2013 12:31:17 AM
well i bought train simulator 2013 and farming simulator on steam so
#7assassinreaperPosted 4/5/2013 7:23:40 AM
Jaws_Theme posted...

Man you sure know how to party
---
Bacon is the ultimate troll bait, just bring it up and watch the wildfire
#8madgreg666Posted 4/5/2013 10:13:44 AM
assassinreaper posted...
Jaws_Theme posted...

Man you sure know how to party

Lol those games are fun like it or not. Bus simulator....another good one

Best part of GTA (any) is you can play it like any of those simulator games if you want. Not as realistic, but still fun
---
XBL: madgregXTX
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX - 1750miles - Wheres the snow? Not in New England anymore!
#9creep50Posted 4/5/2013 10:41:47 AM
LordPoncho posted...
angeldeath21 posted...

Well... maybe a little.

Beware. Saying such things as they're a vocal minority is grounds for a heated debate. ;)

the funny thing about the words ´´vocal minority´´ is that they always seem to be used by the other minoraty

now i could post some random statics and polls to show that but apparently they are all rigged so whats the point
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#10DruffPosted 4/5/2013 10:55:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]