Ask yourself this question (GTA IV vs SA)

#11atastycrumpetPosted 4/5/2013 11:35:16 AM
I was at very different ages of both GTAs.

inb4badparenting.

I played SA from like ages 10-12 and I was all for blowing **** up, causing mayhem and using the biggest and baddest things, oh, and there was a heavy focus on the "gangsta" culture so what wasn't there to like? It was a game you could talk about with your friends and create all sorts of imaginative stuff.

GTA IV I didn't pick up till I was 16, I;m 17 now and I've grown out of the 'mayhem' the story is a lot darker, more like a movie plot, I can judge more and I like the fact I can make my own decisions. It's more realistic and the multiplayer is fantasic.

GTA IV for me.
#12aj4x94Posted 4/5/2013 1:02:22 PM
GTA Bore......the biggest disappointment of this generation.

Let's see......
-A cast of characters who are neither funny or sympathetic (except for Niko and Dwayne)
-The most intrusive friends system to date(They even call you on missions! Or in a helicopter)
-The most dumbed down customization ever. No character customization, unless 4 different stores selling the same palette swapped clothes counts, or even car customization.
-Money is made useless by the fact that there's nothing to buy except guns. For all the complaining Niko does about not having any money, it brings up the question as to what would he do with it? Go on 200 bowling dates with Roman?
-Boring weapon selection.
-Lack of hideouts. I don't want to drive all the way across town to save at my crummy apartment in Bohan.
-Lack of sidemissions.
-No more stealth. Yes, it was situational, but it was a simple, and and cool way of killing enemies.
-And of course, the missions. A majority of the missions consisted of driving 5-10 minutes, killing some guys, then escaping the cops. The whole game.

And that's why GTA IV sucks. In my opinion.
---
Playing: COD: BOII, Hitman Trilogy, Tomb Raider, Bioshock
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#13PepeSilvia906Posted 4/5/2013 2:08:55 PM
whiteboygene posted...
Is there a certain psychological demographic, or personality type, that applies to all of the people who have enjoyed past iterations of Grand Theft Auto, except for Grand Theft Auto IV?

the personality type that doesn't like gta 4 is called the kind that doesn't like good games ololololol
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#14LordPonchoPosted 4/5/2013 2:49:12 PM
creep50 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
angeldeath21 posted...
I agree with everything you said, but good deeds should always be done for blowies. Bad deeds, too. Any deed that results in a blow is good in my book, though.

Also I think most people preferred GTA IV, but online, especially in GameFAQworld, there is an extremely vocal minority of folks who preferred SA.

Think of it like shark attacks: they are so rare, but people always think they're at threat when they go to a beach because of how out-of-proportion they're blown (so I guess I need to become a shark...) by the media. The GTA IV haters / SA lovers are similar, except I don't want to be blown by them.

Well... maybe a little.

Beware. Saying such things as they're a vocal minority is grounds for a heated debate. ;)

the funny thing about the words ´´vocal minority´´ is that they always seem to be used by the other minoraty

now i could post some random statics and polls to show that but apparently they are all rigged so whats the point

Because it's a vocal minority. They partook in the vote over those that just don't care.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#15DarkLordMorsulPosted 4/5/2013 3:14:42 PM
aj4x94 posted...
GTA Bore......the biggest disappointment of this generation.

Let's see......
-A cast of characters who are neither funny or sympathetic (except for Niko and Dwayne)
-The most intrusive friends system to date(They even call you on missions! Or in a helicopter)
-The most dumbed down customization ever. No character customization, unless 4 different stores selling the same palette swapped clothes counts, or even car customization.
-Money is made useless by the fact that there's nothing to buy except guns. For all the complaining Niko does about not having any money, it brings up the question as to what would he do with it? Go on 200 bowling dates with Roman?
-Boring weapon selection.
-Lack of hideouts. I don't want to drive all the way across town to save at my crummy apartment in Bohan.
-Lack of sidemissions.
-No more stealth. Yes, it was situational, but it was a simple, and and cool way of killing enemies.
-And of course, the missions. A majority of the missions consisted of driving 5-10 minutes, killing some guys, then escaping the cops. The whole game.

And that's why GTA IV sucks. In my opinion.

1. what good characters did SA have except Zero?

2. Turf wars were way worse. And didn't add to development.

3. Who cares? plus your pimped car blew up three feet from the shop. If your pimped car rspawned I'd give you this one...

4. Same the same in SA.

5. I guarantee in SA you used the weapon cheat and ONLY used top tier weapons the restwere ignored.

6. You get one point. Or you know autosaves Every time you did Anything.

7. Tell me more about these AMAZING sidemissions...
GTAIV- Car thefts, pot jobs, races, jumps, pigeons, assasin missions,Vigilante, taxi plus various other activities.
SA- Car thefts Pearls tags photos(all the same) jumps vigilante taxi, paramedic Variou other activities... yup seems pretty even to me.

8. One stealth mission in SA... given by a fry boy wearing a burger hat... hard hitting entertainment there.

9. Follow the train CJ.
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#16jedgar33797Posted 4/5/2013 3:33:17 PM(edited)
GTA 4 (better game play over all and prettier) > SA (more content but outdated)

GTA 5 will be the end of all this IV vs SA crap, the best of both worlds. Please move on already.
---
XBL / PSN: jedgar33797
Helping people rage quit since 11/26/08
#17puffinslaughterPosted 4/5/2013 3:31:48 PM
The city! Don't let me get started on the city, there is nothing to do and the water looks too wet, honestly I can't enjoy all this realism they are pushing on me, I want to have fun, I want to have freedom!

Lmao, the water looks too wet, I know you're trolling but that honestly sounds like a SA fanboy.
---
Letang stat tracker ~ 3 Goals, 25 Assists Pittsburgh Penguins: 28-10 WELCOME JAROME IGINLA!
http://i.imgur.com/gKedoAK.png ~grape_purple ^_^
#18enterthemadroxPosted 4/5/2013 3:32:28 PM
See, I played the first few, didn;t like them. Played III, loved it, loved VC more, hated SA, haven't played LCS or VCS nor the handheld games. Thought IV was boring.

I dunno, I guess after watching TV shows like Boss, Game Of Thrones, Vegas, Spartacus etc that have elements of politics and law enforcement and total immersive realism, I like games that can do that but are also fun and relatable.

The biggest gripes with SA were the crap music (I hated the music of the day anyway so hearing it all again in SA was worse) and the fact the characters were unlikable and I wanted bad things to happen to them.

IV was good in the way they recreated NY perfectly and all but the story wasn't good and the characters were as unlikable as SA. Plus there wasn't much fun compared to VC, which is why I went to the SR series instead for my sandbox fix.

I guess same with RDR in a way, couldn't connect with the characters plus it reminded me of my youth when my dad would watch westerns all the time and I really hated them.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#19whiteboygene(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 3:38:32 PM
It bothers me that your daddy issues made you unable to enjoy the greatest game of all time.
---
What would John Marston do?
#20jimbobrulezPosted 4/5/2013 5:32:19 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
See, I played the first few, didn;t like them. Played III, loved it, loved VC more, hated SA, haven't played LCS or VCS nor the handheld games. Thought IV was boring.

I dunno, I guess after watching TV shows like Boss, Game Of Thrones, Vegas, Spartacus etc that have elements of politics and law enforcement and total immersive realism, I like games that can do that but are also fun and relatable.

The biggest gripes with SA were the crap music (I hated the music of the day anyway so hearing it all again in SA was worse) and the fact the characters were unlikable and I wanted bad things to happen to them.

IV was good in the way they recreated NY perfectly and all but the story wasn't good and the characters were as unlikable as SA. Plus there wasn't much fun compared to VC, which is why I went to the SR series instead for my sandbox fix.

I guess same with RDR in a way, couldn't connect with the characters plus it reminded me of my youth when my dad would watch westerns all the time and I really hated them.

Sounds to me like you need a psychiatrist.
---
split open and melt