Anti-Swearing mode

#41BardockpwnsjooPosted 4/8/2013 5:00:41 PM
puffinslaughter posted...
I am 27 and my dad is 65, so instead of me doing the missions on my own I could have the swearing taken out so I can play while my dad is in the room. I like to play on the big screen in the living room but can't with gta because of the swearing in the games. So I set up the console in my bedroom and play on my own.

Now I'm convinced you're either a troll or a Christian living in a family of bible-thumpers.

Why the hell does Christian have to be dragged into everything? Is this the new "Look at me, I'm cool" thing?

I'm a Christian. My family is Christian. Hell, my dad used to preach the Bible at church. I watch movies with violence and cussing in them all the time. I play video games almost exclusively with violence, and cussing generally comes along with that. I WRITE **** with violence and cussing.

You're not cool. If you're cool, then atheists before you are hipsters, because they did it before it was cool. Is that what you want your friends to be? Hipsters? Because hipsters ******* blow. Good job for making those who came before you annoying. Feel good about yourself?
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#42G-ZissPosted 4/8/2013 5:06:39 PM
You could always get the rated E version in which they replace all guns with walkie talkies.
#43zeppelincheetahPosted 4/8/2013 11:19:15 PM
show it to your dad, just not during cutscenes and not when you prompt the character's input (ie wrecking into a car, killing someone, etc)

fly a plane or drive a car, to show off the game's scale
---
if you wouldn't mind i would like to lose
~ c h e e t a h ~
#44Sword_of_DuskPosted 4/9/2013 3:07:20 AM
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
I am 27 and my dad is 65, so instead of me doing the missions on my own I could have the swearing taken out so I can play while my dad is in the room. I like to play on the big screen in the living room but can't with gta because of the swearing in the games. So I set up the console in my bedroom and play on my own.

Now I'm convinced you're either a troll or a Christian living in a family of bible-thumpers.

Why the hell does Christian have to be dragged into everything? Is this the new "Look at me, I'm cool" thing?

I'm a Christian. My family is Christian. Hell, my dad used to preach the Bible at church. I watch movies with violence and cussing in them all the time. I play video games almost exclusively with violence, and cussing generally comes along with that. I WRITE **** with violence and cussing.

You're not cool. If you're cool, then atheists before you are hipsters, because they did it before it was cool. Is that what you want your friends to be? Hipsters? Because hipsters ******* blow. Good job for making those who came before you annoying. Feel good about yourself?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that puffin said that only because the TC's dad is friggin 65, and anyone at that age(with a son at 27, no less)should not care about about swearing in video games, at least before all of the wanton violence gets accounted for.

To add one other thing, GTA is not a game that throws swearing in for no reason. When you consider the plot and what the characters do, it makes sense. No self respecting criminal would really take the time to censor himself. It wouldn't be close to realistic at all.
---
Kraden: If my pigeon threw fireballs, perhaps it would put you out of a job!
Tyrell: What, are you saying that I'm dumber than some bird?!
#45BardockpwnsjooPosted 4/9/2013 3:12:32 AM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that puffin said that only because the TC's dad is friggin 65, and anyone at that age(with a son at 27, no less)should not care about about swearing in video games, at least before all of the wanton violence gets accounted for.

To add one other thing, GTA is not a game that throws swearing in for no reason. When you consider the plot and what the characters do, it makes sense. No self respecting criminal would really take the time to censor himself. It wouldn't be close to realistic at all.

Well, sure. I pretty much said the same thing to my mom once, who doesn't like swearing. She read one of the first books I wrote that was a generic fare about an assassin. I warned her before hand by telling her that killers and criminals don't go around saying, "Well, golly! Looks like he was shot in the back of the head with a .22! We've surely gotten ourselves into a 10-piece bucket of fried doody!"
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#46nativenginePosted 4/9/2013 6:58:53 AM
The only way this could be acceptable is if there was an option to "bleep" out foul language. It would be annoying as f*** but if it was an option, I guess I'd be ok with it. Rewriting the script to please the overly sensitive would be absurd.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#47VincentVega13Posted 4/9/2013 12:24:42 PM
G-Ziss posted...
You could always get the rated E version in which they replace all guns with walkie talkies.

Does it come with a free hat?

I can't help but find it slightly amusing how folk are discussing the viability of an anti-swearing mode in a video game whilst on a website that prohibits swearing.
---
To err is human, to Arr is pirate.
#48puffinslaughterPosted 4/9/2013 3:16:41 PM(edited)
From: Bardockpwnsjoo | Posted: 4/8/2013 8:00:41 PM | #041

Chill Bardock, I wasn't insulting Christians. I have nothing against them. I was just saying that 95% of the time it's them who care about swearing. I wasn't calling TC a bible-thumper because he obviously doesn't care about swearing, I didn't call all Christians bible-thumpers because I know that isn't true and would be a completely ignorant generalization, I said his dad must be a bible-thumper since he won't allow his adult son to play video games with swearing in them. I wasn't trying to be cool. I apologize if I offended you or any other Christians here.

Edit: Dusk hit the nail on the head.
---
Letang stat tracker ~ 3 Goals, 25 Assists Pittsburgh Penguins: 29-10 WELCOME JAROME IGINLA!
http://i.imgur.com/gKedoAK.png ~grape_purple ^_^