I hope they improve movement and speed

#1cartelwarlordPosted 4/8/2013 12:44:22 AM
I loved GTA IV, and played the multiplayer for probably a thousand hours. But there was something about the player control, turning around, speed of running, getting in and out of cars, that seemed way more slower than the GTA III era. It meant driving up to a bunch of guys, getting out of your car and covering was kinda cumbersome. Did anybody else kind of feel that when playing?

I'm really hoping they've tweaked it this time around. Just improved the motions a little bit so that it feels more fluid.
#2DarkLordMorsulPosted 4/8/2013 4:02:25 AM
cartelwarlord posted...
I loved GTA IV, and played the multiplayer for probably a thousand hours. But there was something about the player control, turning around, speed of running, getting in and out of cars, that seemed way more slower than the GTA III era. It meant driving up to a bunch of guys, getting out of your car and covering was kinda cumbersome. Did anybody else kind of feel that when playing?

I'm really hoping they've tweaked it this time around. Just improved the motions a little bit so that it feels more fluid.

"way more slower" Look I'm not a grammar nazi by any means, a quick look through my posts will prove that. This faux pas though bugs me to no end. I have a buddy who does this he says "More better" and it kills me a little inside everytime.

now onto your point, I agree getting out of the car and trying to take cover took too long. Half the time I was dead before the animation had finished.
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#3BetelJoosePosted 4/8/2013 4:16:03 AM
The GTA IV Protags are out of shape, I feel Johnny is the slowest at running (In-game canon bike injury?) and Luis is the fastest. It seems that Johnny also has the lowest stamina of the three.

If you haven't played the DLC you probably wouldn't relate to what I am talking about, Niko isn't that fast himself, but I feel that he has higher stamina than his counterparts. The NPC's in 4 are pretty fast IMO compared to the player character.

The new guys look more adept than those three, even Michael. Though I would like to see increased speed.

As for getting out of a car, I imagine that the experience is MC/MoCapped (Motion Captured) So blame those guys for getting out of their car too slow.

I just hope they find more fit people to do it.
#4cartelwarlord(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 2:51:03 PM
Surely they can fast forward mo-cap though?
#5whiteboygenePosted 4/8/2013 3:12:23 PM
DarkLordMorsul posted...
cartelwarlord posted...

"way more slower" Look I'm not a grammar nazi by any means, a quick look through my posts will prove that. This faux pas though bugs me to no end. I have a buddy who does this he says "More better" and it kills me a little inside everytime.

now onto your point, I agree getting out of the car and trying to take cover took too long. Half the time I was dead before the animation had finished.

whenever someone says "faux pas" or anything like that, a barfight starts in my head.

on topic: I agree to an extent but it's better than the slippery feeling of the old ones. I think RDR had it pretty good and Max Payne 3 was even better. I just hope that we can hold a to run without having to push forward on left stick.
---
What would John Marston do?
#6BetelJoosePosted 4/8/2013 6:27:55 PM
cartelwarlord posted...
Surely they can fast forward mo-cap though?

But then it'll look goofy, unrealistic and fun... like the Saints Row series.
#7nativenginePosted 4/8/2013 6:31:15 PM
whiteboygene posted...
DarkLordMorsul posted...
cartelwarlord posted...

whenever someone says "faux pas" or anything like that, a barfight starts in my head.

You too? Thought I was alone
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards