I hope they keep all the small things that made GTAIV great

#195_EclipsePosted 4/10/2013 8:24:29 PM
Like people getting pulled over, or working on their engines etc, the stuff that made the city actually feel alive, unlike previous games. I know some people were mad it wasn't San Andreas 2, but there was a lot of good things in GTA IV, and I hope they carry over.

The peds responses to certain things are hilarious as well, for example when I jumped over a cops head earlier in my futo, as I'm going over his head doing 360s through the are because I had tried to avoid the jump, all I hear is "What the hell!?!" These type of reactions also help the feel of the game.

GTA IV could definitely used some more SA content in it, but it alone was still an excellent game, and I hope they keep the small things in GTA V.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Always online defenders > http://i.imgur.com/7Bxoy.jpg
#2Jaws_ThemePosted 4/10/2013 8:31:04 PM
i hope they keep the paramedics killing dozens of pedestrians to save one
#3Mentalpatient87Posted 4/10/2013 8:36:46 PM
After watching the towns in RDR go about a whole daily routine, I think we'll be seeing a lot more cool little situations from peds. The one I always liked to present was a woman tossing a man's belongings down at him and screaming from a window while he pleads from the sidewalk. Or imagine watching a guy in a crowd pickpocket someone else. Just little background things like that would be great.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#4fatclemenzaPosted 4/10/2013 8:42:01 PM
If they took the physics and world from 4, the fun from SA, and the music from Vice City (SA had good music too), I wouldn't buy another game for a year.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#595_Eclipse(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 8:45:48 PM
fatclemenza posted...
If they took the physics and world from 4, the fun from SA, and the music from Vice City (SA had good music too), I wouldn't buy another game for a year.

Lol :P I would most likely, but I'd probably play it even more 5-6 years later than I still do GTA IV.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Always online defenders > http://i.imgur.com/7Bxoy.jpg
#6Mentalpatient87Posted 4/12/2013 8:27:07 AM
Oh, I'm gonna bring this thing back up to discuss the little things that make the cutscenes and story so great. R* has been putting more and more lifelike detail into their cutscenes, giving the characters within more to do and interact with. Before a mission it's no longer show up, talk to some guys, gesture a bit, leave. We had that "just cropped right" scene with them filming Candy Suxx in action in Vice City. San Andreas had all kinds of cool touches, like Carl examining the family photo when he gets home for the first time. In BOGT there's a scene where you show up and those two pusher friends of Luis are eating dinner off of TV trays in his mom's living room. And in the second trailer for V, you see Michael pick up a leaf out of his pool and toss it aside.

It's these little touches to the interaction, the minor details in between the shootouts and the heists, that really get me excited to play this game. I'll be awestruck when they can finally do liquids right in games like this. You'll be able to watch someone pour a drink, then spill it. Blood would be a whole new thing if fluids behaved realistically.

Over the top just seems trite. Too easy. Making the simple things, like a walk, liquids, or one bullet to the head, feel real and solid means a lot more to me.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"