Do you think it'd be fun if you could get stranded in the woods?

#1SBBrealquickPosted 4/16/2013 9:58:21 PM
It's probably unlikely the game world is gonna be quite that massive that you could actually get totally cut off from civilization, but I was just thinking that would add an interesting element of danger and realism when exploring a deep wilderness mountain area. Like if you lost your car and you were far enough out that you had to walk back, that could pose some serious difficulty especially if the wildlife will be hostile at times as it was in RDR
#2RxvolutionPosted 4/16/2013 10:04:13 PM
It's possible, I think I remember seeing quite a large area of woods in San Andreas, but the San Andreas setting felt more rural. GTA V looks like a city.
#3ninjaman148Posted 4/16/2013 10:17:44 PM
This being GTA, you could just walk alongside a road and wait for a car to pass by and steal it. As for dangerous wildlife, nothing will seem so threatening when you are carrying around an automatic rifle with you.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#4MShogunHPosted 4/16/2013 10:24:51 PM
Or you could just switch characters...
---
(PSN: MShogunH)
Grand Theft Auto V Countdown: 153 Days
#5SBBrealquick(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 10:55:51 PM
Good point about weaponry making wildlife less of a threat, but what I'm envisioning is like a deep wilderness area totally cut off from the possibility of human contact of any kind like some major Forrest's in Oregon and parts of California
#6ninjaman148Posted 4/16/2013 11:22:01 PM(edited)
Yeah, I just hope the map will be big enough to make you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere.

In GTA:SA, you could be frolicking about in the desert, then you turn around and see San Fierro in the distance. Or when you are trekking through the forest and you come across downtown Los Santos in the distance.

It just made the whole map seem really small. If we decide to stop the car on the side of the road, get out and look around, you should see nothing but desert. The horizon should be lined by distant mountains.

It just kills the mood. You could feel like you're lost in the desert in SA, until you go up a little hill to reveal that you were only about 50 ft away from a small town, or even Las Venturas.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#7hulkhogan1Posted 4/17/2013 3:17:12 AM
I agree. I actually made a topic similar to this a while back. It would be a nice change of pace to be able to get stranded out in the middle of nowhere. Which would give traveling out to a large wilderness or desert location a sense of risk and danger, because if anything happens to your fast means of transportation, you could be screwed. And like the other person mentioned, it takes you out of the moment when you appear to be out in the middle of nowhere, only to be a short walking distance away from some road or small town.

For this very reason, I'm actually very interested in seeing how Rockstar handles the multiplayer. Will they put fast travel spots in these types of locations like in RDR? Will people who get stranded out in these locations have to contact another player in the game to come pick them up? This could definitely add an interesting element to multiplayer more than anything else. In all likelihood though, Rockstar has probably made these wilderness/desert areas not too overwhelmingly huge, for the sake of not getting into a scenario where you become too far away from any kind of civilization. It's definitely an interesting concept though that would only add an extra element to the game.
#8turtlebeach21Posted 4/17/2013 3:26:37 AM
i think you can the world is bigger than red dead, san andreas and gta iv combined so hopefully there is a large area of wood with bears and mutant hillbilliys like wrong turn
#9behemoth056Posted 4/17/2013 4:51:04 AM
ninjaman148 posted...
nothing will seem so threatening when you are carrying around an automatic rifle with you.

that's what i thought after i saw a tiger in farcry 3. those thing took like a full magazine before they die.
---
My aunt always told me that "slow and steady wins the race." She died in a house fire.
#10MrGazzoPosted 4/17/2013 5:59:09 AM
If the wilderness is as dangerous as RDR is, then I would gladly explore it.
---
Haytham Kenway = Roger Moore