They should add recurring NPC's like Herbert Moon in RDR

#1DMan304Posted 4/18/2013 10:46:54 AM
Just significant characters that have no impact on the story that you might not even think twice about, but significant enough that you notice them and recognize them.

They sort of did it in GTA4 with the girl at the Broker internet cafe that was in love with Niko, but beyond her hitting on him as you came and left that was about it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Bod2G1j.gif
#2VG_SoldierPosted 4/18/2013 5:18:33 PM
Sounds good to me.
---
If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him. ---
In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace.
#3AKGunnerPosted 4/19/2013 8:17:37 AM
I loved that aspect of RDR, it would be really cool if GTA 5 had it, although to be air the towns in RDR werent as big as Los Santos lol. But there were multiple characters you'd run into a bunch of times. I remember Floyd Brogles I think he was part of a Gang Hideout, *SPOILER AHEAD*

Where I thought he blew up on dynamite but then you'd fight him in duels randomly in towns which I thought was funny, he was also spotted in random towns IIRC. Just stuff like that where you're like "hey I remember this guy from somewhere else" was a really nice touch and made the world of RDR feel alive.
---
where is the mudcrab at
~ linkbad
#4Mentalpatient87Posted 4/19/2013 10:15:36 AM
Slink ****in' Bradshaw...
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#5uNc0nTr011aB13Posted 4/20/2013 3:58:35 AM
^ Lol yeah. You'd be tearing through Fort Mercer then drop dead out of nowhere from a Springfield shot. I've made it my priority to kill him first every time I clear the hideout.
---
Take the idiot test; read line below for instructions.
Take the idiot test; read line above for instructions.
#6VincentVega13Posted 4/22/2013 12:11:23 PM
Herbert Mooooooon! I'm, I'm Herbert Moon! I've just been robbed! They went thattaway! (Or whatevs). Don't get me wrong, I liked the feature but how I didn't shoot that guy in the middle of his face every fifth-ish time I passed through Armadillo I'll never know. And damn but I passed through Armadillo a lot.
---
To err is human, to Arr is pirate.