Does the weapon system need reworking?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Does the weapon system need reworking?
3 years ago#11
uNc0nTr011aB13 posted...
Red Dead weapon wheel minus the switching weapons with d-pad. I'd like to choose single weapons (but still have all your weapons in your inventory) to assign to the wheel instead of scrolling through 10 rifles/repeaters when the game decides to switch up my main weapon randomly.

I kinda don't like how RDR let you have all weapons at all times though. I like the idea of having to choose your weapons you go out with. If you want another weapon you have to go & buy it or pick up from your storage.

It would be neat to have a Hitman style storage with all your weapons on the wall.
3 years ago#12
B0vril posted...
uNc0nTr011aB13 posted...
Red Dead weapon wheel minus the switching weapons with d-pad. I'd like to choose single weapons (but still have all your weapons in your inventory) to assign to the wheel instead of scrolling through 10 rifles/repeaters when the game decides to switch up my main weapon randomly.

I kinda don't like how RDR let you have all weapons at all times though. I like the idea of having to choose your weapons you go out with. If you want another weapon you have to go & buy it or pick up from your storage.

It would be neat to have a Hitman style storage with all your weapons on the wall.

So why not have a wheel like RDR with say.... 8 slots, and you can assing ONE weapon to each slot?
3 years ago#13
I like holding all weapons like GTA 3 and old school shooters.
http://i.imgur.com/OlAyuQb.jpg http://i.imgur.com/KnLuqux.jpg
3 years ago#14
B0vril posted...

I don't. This isn't an RPG. I'm not gearing up for a certain raid. I'm rampaging in Grand Theft Auto, and I need my whole toolbox.
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
3 years ago#15
Mentalpatient87 posted...
B0vril posted...

I don't. This isn't an RPG. I'm not gearing up for a certain raid. I'm rampaging in Grand Theft Auto, and I need my whole toolbox.

Oh don't be so silly. Having to choose which weapons you carry doesn't make it an RPG.
3 years ago#16
I didn't say it did. I was making a quick quip about how much a hassle it'd be to have to run home and switch gear like I'm off to a certain raid. It's not a direct comparison. It's not a statement that says "that makes it an RPG." It's a flippant comment that you're supposed to use context clues to figure out.
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Does the weapon system need reworking?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived