Does the weapon system need reworking?

#11B0vrilPosted 4/19/2013 5:05:06 PM
uNc0nTr011aB13 posted...
Red Dead weapon wheel minus the switching weapons with d-pad. I'd like to choose single weapons (but still have all your weapons in your inventory) to assign to the wheel instead of scrolling through 10 rifles/repeaters when the game decides to switch up my main weapon randomly.

I kinda don't like how RDR let you have all weapons at all times though. I like the idea of having to choose your weapons you go out with. If you want another weapon you have to go & buy it or pick up from your storage.

It would be neat to have a Hitman style storage with all your weapons on the wall.
#12Sir_Mine-a-lotPosted 4/21/2013 2:52:21 PM
B0vril posted...
uNc0nTr011aB13 posted...
Red Dead weapon wheel minus the switching weapons with d-pad. I'd like to choose single weapons (but still have all your weapons in your inventory) to assign to the wheel instead of scrolling through 10 rifles/repeaters when the game decides to switch up my main weapon randomly.

I kinda don't like how RDR let you have all weapons at all times though. I like the idea of having to choose your weapons you go out with. If you want another weapon you have to go & buy it or pick up from your storage.

It would be neat to have a Hitman style storage with all your weapons on the wall.

So why not have a wheel like RDR with say.... 8 slots, and you can assing ONE weapon to each slot?
#13cheater87Posted 4/27/2013 7:14:24 PM
I like holding all weapons like GTA 3 and old school shooters.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OlAyuQb.jpg http://i.imgur.com/KnLuqux.jpg
#14Mentalpatient87Posted 4/28/2013 9:34:30 AM
B0vril posted...

I don't. This isn't an RPG. I'm not gearing up for a certain raid. I'm rampaging in Grand Theft Auto, and I need my whole toolbox.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#15B0vrilPosted 4/28/2013 9:51:02 AM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
B0vril posted...

I don't. This isn't an RPG. I'm not gearing up for a certain raid. I'm rampaging in Grand Theft Auto, and I need my whole toolbox.

Oh don't be so silly. Having to choose which weapons you carry doesn't make it an RPG.
#16Mentalpatient87Posted 4/28/2013 10:00:50 AM
I didn't say it did. I was making a quick quip about how much a hassle it'd be to have to run home and switch gear like I'm off to a certain raid. It's not a direct comparison. It's not a statement that says "that makes it an RPG." It's a flippant comment that you're supposed to use context clues to figure out.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"