Will any of the protagonists die?

#11MShogunHPosted 4/21/2013 10:56:35 PM
None of them will die. I'm pretty sure R* confirmed that
---
(PSN: MShogunH)
Grand Theft Auto V Countdown: 148 Days
#12Mentalpatient87Posted 4/21/2013 11:56:38 PM
Delkura posted...
Oh what, that you took my post down because I told the truth about you?

I didn't have to. Either someone loves me and marked you themselves, or you've got a mod watching you. Stop being such a crybaby because you can't be an inconsiderate jerk without repercussions.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#13hulkhogan1Posted 4/22/2013 12:01:35 AM
What I think would be cool is if at some point in the story, you were forced to make a difficult decision similar to the multiple endings of GTA IV. Something along the lines of getting a big payout, or losing all of your money in order to keep one of the main characters alive.
#14PepeSilvia906Posted 4/22/2013 3:50:48 AM
Delkura posted...
PepeSilvia906 posted...
Nope.

Why do you think so?

Anyway, for the topic at hand. I don't think any of the three amigos will die, for gameplay purposes. The switching mechanic would be thrown off and they already mentioned character-specific side missions.

Cuz this. I also mentioned this in a previous "Will anyone die?" topic.
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#15nativenginePosted 4/22/2013 6:15:56 AM
No, because of what mentialpatient said. Character specific side missions and the switching aspect.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#16angeldeath21Posted 4/22/2013 9:32:54 AM
Yeah, Franklin will die and we'll just have to play as the dog after we beat the campaign.
---
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."
#17Delkura(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 4:39:12 PM
nativengine posted...
No, because of what mentialpatient said. Character specific side missions and the switching aspect.

They could easily take away those missions when the character dies.
#18Mentalpatient87Posted 4/22/2013 4:52:03 PM
Delkura posted...
nativengine posted...

That kinda ****s 100% completion, doesn't it? Something R* has avoided doing in these games since they accidentally let you miss a mission in GTA3. Which is good, since that's an awful idea.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#19nativenginePosted 4/22/2013 5:13:54 PM
Delkura posted...
nativengine posted...

Well sure but does that make any sense? Think of 100% completion, what if you finish the story before you've completed them? Does that mean your f***ed?

*Potential Spoilers Follow*

I'd also like to point out that Rockstar has had a trend of killing off the protagonist lately.........in their other games. L.A Noire and Red Dead Redemption are not GTA's. the last few GTA stories have had loss of loved ones, Be it Kate or Roman or in Johnny's case Jim and his gang going to s*** and to some extent Ashley. I see a far greater chance of people close to the protagonist dying. Michaels family is ripe for tragedy, it's pretty clear from the first trailer he loves his kids, and even more clear in the second trailer that he has family problems. If I had to guess, it's gonna be one of his kids and you'll probably have to choose which one dies, kinda like in 4. But what the f*** do I know, I don't work for Rockstar. you asked a question and I answered, no I don't think one of the protagonist will die.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#20dataDyneSoldierPosted 4/24/2013 11:18:22 AM
I seriously doubt it. If GTA is going to stick with the tradition of allowing you to play with the same protagonists after the main story is completed, that means keeping the main characters alive. No, the protagonists will be fine. However, don't be surprised to see some of the main characters' friends/family (Michael's son, maybe?) bite the dust. That's basically a guarantee.
---
Anaheim Ducks 2013: 29-11-6
If I finish all of my chores and you finish thine, then tonight we're gonna party like it's 1699