Just had an interesting idea - story mission(s)

#1whiteboygenePosted 4/22/2013 8:52:15 AM
So, it's been said that some missions will involve two or three of the characters together, but I imagine that many, or at least some of them will involve them being on their own. I think it'd be cool if at some point one of the guys (Trevor) got arrested and thrown in prison, and whenever you switched to him in free-roam you would be locked in the prison area and could walk around and explore what small area you were allowed, maybe play some basketball and hear some inmate/guard dialogue. Maybe you would have to pass some story missions, surviving in prison and what not until you either broke out or got released/bailed out.

Maybe it'd also work if at some point during the story, one of the characters was arrested/kidnapped/left town/etc. and free-roam access to them was removed until further progress in the story was made. Then again, maybe that would break some folks immersion that we are "in control" of all three of them.

Side note: I really, really hope our three guys have different fighting styles, even if it's just small slight details that don't affect gameplay.
---
What would John Marston do?
#2beb2592Posted 4/22/2013 9:02:17 AM
Doubt it would happen, but it is a cool idea. I mean it might end up boring but if they make it like the Riddick game (great XBOX game) it could be cool.
#3whiteboygene(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:04:08 AM
I don't see how it would be boring but I respek your onions.
---
#4beb2592Posted 4/22/2013 9:10:15 AM
I mean if they force you to do missions in a closed, confined area like a prison without cool objectives it would be boring. But what I am saying is if they have the missions resembling Chronicles or Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay which takes place in a prison it would be a cool, interactive idea.
#5whiteboygene(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:16:17 AM
It's R* so of course the "objectives" would be awesome, and you could always pop over to the other two characters if you wanted to mess around in the city before progressing the story in the prison. I agree though, the segment should be short if it was there at all. I wouldn't want people to get bored. Keep in mind when I say people, I mean those who liked GTA IV, y'know, those of us without attention deficits, those of us that don't need flashy flashy pew pew go go go. Yes I'm being closed-minded, but where was I... ?

Oh yeah, If any of you thought GTA IV was boring, go f*** yourself. There, I said it.
---
#6beb2592Posted 4/22/2013 9:18:27 AM
whiteboygene posted...
It's R* so of course the "objectives" would be awesome, and you could always pop over to the other two characters if you wanted to mess around in the city before progressing the story in the prison. I agree though, the segment should be short if it was there at all. I wouldn't want people to get bored. Keep in mind when I say people, I mean those who liked GTA IV, y'know, those of us without attention deficits, those of us that don't need flashy flashy pew pew go go go. Yes I'm being closed-minded, but where was I... ?

Oh yeah, If any of you thought GTA IV was boring, go f*** yourself. There, I said it.

A little intense there man aha. But yeah I like GTA IV. It was not my favorite GTA (Vice City is) but I am not a hater.
#7whiteboygene(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:21:04 AM
beb2592 posted...
A little intense there man aha.

Nice to meet you.
---
#8beb2592Posted 4/22/2013 9:24:09 AM
whiteboygene posted...
beb2592 posted...
A little intense there man aha.

Nice to meet you.

Likewise
#9nativenginePosted 4/22/2013 9:47:03 AM
I think it would be cool story wise. For instance, say Franklin gets arrested at the end of a mission involving all three, leaving Trevor and Michael free. This could lead to 3-4 missions where Michael and Trevor go and visit Franklin in prison and he is now a mission giver, having you go out on a few missions killing the guys who got him caught/sold him out, a few old friends from his gang maybe? This all leads up to a breakout mission with Trevor flying an escape helicopter and Michael driving a distraction van, maybe a distraction van filled with explosives? Blow up the main gate with explosive packed van to cause said distraction and escaping via the chopper. Sounds pretty f***ing cool to me.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#10VincentVega13Posted 4/27/2013 9:02:55 AM
nativengine posted...
I think it would be cool story wise. For instance, say Franklin gets arrested at the end of a mission involving all three, leaving Trevor and Michael free. This could lead to 3-4 missions where Michael and Trevor go and visit Franklin in prison and he is now a mission giver, having you go out on a few missions killing the guys who got him caught/sold him out, a few old friends from his gang maybe? This all leads up to a breakout mission with Trevor flying an escape helicopter and Michael driving a distraction van, maybe a distraction van filled with explosives? Blow up the main gate with explosive packed van to cause said distraction and escaping via the chopper. Sounds pretty f***ing cool to me.

How, 'bout that, but you can also do missions of some kind as Franklin, setting the wheels/gears in motion for the breakout, and if you do too many Michael and Trevor missions before a certain point the breakout fails and you lose Franklin as a playable character? Might make it feel more tense during the breakout, like Mass Effect 2's Suicide Mission.
---
To err is human, to Arr is pirate.