It'd be interesting if the 3 protags become enemies at some point

#1SBBrealquickPosted 4/24/2013 6:29:11 PM
Could be cool. Maybe some terrible dispute over a job, maybe some kind of betrayal or what have you. It'd be fun if they put us in a position where we had to make a decision about who's gonna get got and how, especially after we've grown fond of all of them.
#2MShogunHPosted 4/24/2013 7:22:27 PM
I'm pretty sure R* confirmed that one of the protags becomes an antag at some point
---
(PSN: MShogunH)
Grand Theft Auto V Countdown: 146 Days
#3LordPonchoPosted 4/24/2013 9:01:19 PM
MShogunH posted...
I'm pretty sure R* confirmed that one of the protags becomes an antag at some point

This has been discussed to hell and back. Just because they are antagonistic doesn't mean they'll be an enemy. They may simply do things for antagonistic means.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#4DelkuraPosted 4/24/2013 9:16:09 PM
LordPoncho posted...
MShogunH posted...

This has been discussed to hell and back. Just because they are antagonistic doesn't mean they'll be an enemy. They may simply do things for antagonistic means.

R* confirmed that one of the protagonists will be the story's antagonist.
#5Mentalpatient87Posted 4/24/2013 9:44:49 PM
Delkura posted...

Link?
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#6B0vrilPosted 4/25/2013 1:48:56 AM
Here's exactly what Dan Houser said:

Q. How does the new, three-character structure help you get closer to the ambitions you have for the medium?

A. Just at the conceptual level, the idea was three separate stories that you play in one game. The next bit was, letís not have the stories intersect once or twice but have them completely interwoven. It felt like it was going to be a real narrative strength: you get to play the protagonist and the antagonist in the same story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/10/arts/video-games/q-and-a-rockstars-dan-houser-on-grand-theft-auto-v.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&#h[
#7nativenginePosted 4/25/2013 3:20:42 AM
Delkura posted...
LordPoncho posted...
MShogunH posted...

No they didn't.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#8BetelJoosePosted 4/25/2013 4:03:48 AM
you get to play the protagonist and the antagonist in the same story.

Isn't that true for every GTA? I mean, none of those guys are innocent.
#9RhyswrPosted 4/25/2013 4:26:50 AM
I don't want to sound like a tool, but people do know what protagonist and antagonist actually mean don't they?

Protagonist = the central or main character in a story

Antagonist = the opposition against which the protagonist must contend

So we haven't played as an antagonist previously, only protagonists. Arguably all have been anti-heroes, but none have been antagonists as they were always the main character in the story.
---
Laws are a tedious business and counting coppers is worse
#10BetelJoosePosted 4/25/2013 4:52:53 AM
Oh yes, I gathered that, but if you are playing as all three, are you just playing to antagonize yourself?

"Grr I'm Franklin, I must find a way to screw over Trevor for taking my bowling shoes"

"Ahh I'm Trevor, I hope Franklin doesn't know that it was I that had taken his bowling shoes! I needed the money for my fix"

" Haha I'm Michael the final boss of the game and I screwed both of them over, haha you were playing as the bad guy the entire time!

ps I shot chop, tee hee, I'm evil!"

Anti-Heroes killing cops huh? Well yes, while you do sound like a tool from my perspective for posting that, I was aware of the errors I made in my post. (if you were addressing me that is, if not, disregard this post.)