how positive are we this game won't have regenerating health?

#11cheese_game619Posted 4/29/2013 9:29:20 AM
health only regens outside of missions

problem solved
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#12Mentalpatient87Posted 4/29/2013 9:29:22 AM
My idea? Health regens, but only if you've been out of combat for 60 seconds.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#13B0vrilPosted 4/29/2013 9:48:21 AM
Mentalpatient87 posted...

That's not too bad an idea.

I still think re-gen health would kind of ruin some of the challenge, especially in big rampages. I like the whole scenario of running through alley ways on low health with a 5 star wanted level hoping to make it to a car on the next street to make a get away.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if it did have re-gen health. There is certainly sound reasons for having it there.
#14DMan304Posted 4/29/2013 10:44:00 AM

That's the way it is in Battlefield 3. You're stuck with no health and then after a short time it slowly regens on it's own. I might be cool with that too.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Bod2G1j.gif
#15Mentalpatient87Posted 4/29/2013 10:59:20 AM
B0vril posted...

I still think re-gen health would kind of ruin some of the challenge, especially in big rampages. I like the whole scenario of running through alley ways on low health with a 5 star wanted level hoping to make it to a car on the next street to make a get away.

Simple. We count that as "in combat."
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#16B0vrilPosted 4/29/2013 12:06:46 PM
Simple. We count that as "in combat."

Yea, that might work out pretty well. It would be health regen in that you don't need to look for health pickups/consumables, but it still has risk & challenge of nonregen health.
#17PepeSilvia906Posted 4/29/2013 12:40:04 PM
I'll be severely bummed out if it has regenerating health. It's by no means a dealbreaker, but I've had so many awesome moments in GTA IV getting out hairy situations with just a sliver of health.

Also what purpose would places like Burger Shot serve in the game then? Just an un-enterable set dressing? Laaaaame.
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#18CruorComaPosted 4/29/2013 2:56:51 PM
whiteboygene posted...
I think our health should regen to 20-25% but we should have to find health/food to raise it above that. It sucks coming away from an ass kicking, only to get your toes run over by a cab and die immediately.

I was thinking this.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#19creep50Posted 4/30/2013 6:31:26 AM
MShogunH posted...
creep50 posted...
personally i hate regen health...it takes the challenge away

The challenge of driving around for half an hour looking for a hot dog cart?

I think he means like for example if you were getting merked in a shootout an lost the vast majority of your health, instead of having to skillfully complete the mission or make it to the next health pack with just the sliver of health you have left, you could just hide in cover for a while and let your health rengenerate...

To some extent I agree, but if R* DOES implement health regen, they would also have to improve the AI to the point that they wont just let us hide to get health back. Like maybe the AI would come around and flank us if we stayed in one place too long or something

this....i dont really see what was so complicated about that.....when you just have 5% of your health left in a giant shootout you get a certain ´´rush´´ you dont get with regerating health...when you can just jump out kill a few people take a few bullets...and then everything is okay..there is no challenge in that

also i the regen health in RDR felt very random to me...honestly one of the worst implemented regen health i have seen...so if they are going to but regen health in this one they have to fix it up a bit
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#20MelbuFrahma4Posted 5/3/2013 9:38:05 PM
It has been confirmed in.