its been years since the last gta lets hope the police AI has advanced

#1N0wnHUPosted 5/3/2013 4:17:48 PM
these kamikaze infinite spawning police got old back when i was playing vice city..
#2Ignignot_ErPosted 5/3/2013 4:21:17 PM
He's over there! Ramming speed!

No! We miiiiiiissssssssssseeeeeeedddd!.....*Crash at bottom of cliff*
#3N0wnHU(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 4:50:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4N0wnHU(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 4:51:46 PM
head on collisions at full speed
#5puffinslaughterPosted 5/3/2013 5:00:04 PM
You're right, there should only be 50 cops in the entire map and if you kill them all they don't respawn, totally rad man xfd
---
Tanger stat tracker ~ 5 Goals, 33 Assists Pittsburgh Penguins: 36-12
http://i.imgur.com/gKedoAK.png ~grape_purple ^_^
#6N0wnHU(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 5:03:43 PM
if you kill 50 cops..there should be a short while with no police activity before the national guard comes in.....or they should actually stay on the map instead of spawning Around every corner..there is no police chase you outrun them then ta da they appear out of thin air around every corner...***ing stupid

anyways i wasnt saying the police should be permanently killed off.,.thats clearly not what i was saying but they should actually have to chase you around and try off various tactics instead of just spawning everywhere. if you outrun them and hide somewhere they know exactly where you are without even looking. ****ing stupid
#7DruffPosted 5/3/2013 5:05:38 PM
N0wnHU posted...
these kamikaze infinite spawning police got old back when i was playing vice city..

I still wake up screaming from the nightmares of that bulls***.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#8Mentalpatient87Posted 5/3/2013 5:16:22 PM
You know, the police AI in 4 was a bit deeper than it lets on, and it's hard to notice. I think the problem is it's got to be nearly impossible to design a chase AI for something like an attempted realistic police force going after someone who, on a level not usually possible in real life, disregards safety, life, others, and even physics to get away. Not to mention this AI has to predict and respond to everything from a foot chase through backyards to high speed freeway runs with sports cars to a rampaging lunatic in a bus, firing wildly at anything. We create lunacy in this game, give the po-po a break, we're damn hard to catch.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#9puffinslaughterPosted 5/3/2013 7:43:15 PM
if you kill 50 cops..there should be a short while with no police activity before the national guard comes in.....or they should actually stay on the map instead of spawning Around every corner..there is no police chase you outrun them then ta da they appear out of thin air around every corner...***ing stupid

anyways i wasnt saying the police should be permanently killed off.,.thats clearly not what i was saying but they should actually have to chase you around and try off various tactics instead of just spawning everywhere. if you outrun them and hide somewhere they know exactly where you are without even looking. ****ing stupid

But yet cars can spawn around every corner? It's called render distance. The whole map doesn't register at one time.
---
Tanger stat tracker ~ 5 Goals, 33 Assists Pittsburgh Penguins: 36-12
http://i.imgur.com/gKedoAK.png ~grape_purple ^_^
#10PHOENIXZEROPosted 5/3/2013 8:50:02 PM
Real life police chases are incredibly boring but it would be nice for cops to be smartly aggressive using standard police techniques with a video game or movie "loose cannon" edge. Just not throwing cop cars at us, it would be a good improvement over GTAIV which wasn't that bad with crazy kamikaze cops.
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman