How did the map reveal for IV work?

#1pirofyre978Posted 5/3/2013 6:18:12 PM
I didn't have a console when IV came out so I wasn't following the lead-up and hype because I couldn't play it anyway. I remember at some point on the official IV website they had a silhouetted map of Liberty City, and I want to say I saw that before the game was released. If so how long before release was it shown? I'm wondering if they'll do a similar thing for V, maybe around August 1st or so?
#2CruorComaPosted 5/4/2013 3:12:11 AM
Good question. Unfortunately it's been so long since the lead up to IV, I've completely forgotten. I'll bump this topic for you, in case anyone else knows.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#3kylethekylePosted 5/4/2013 7:36:10 AM
They did an outline of the islands in white on a blank black page on the R* site and kept adding to it, links for trailers and info pages about locations, characters and activities and eventually they put the roads in on a special event day before release.
---
GT Lord Kail
#4IlikeBacon16Posted 5/4/2013 8:35:53 AM
I'm definitely not going to spoil the map this time around! September 17th can't get here soon enough!
#5Red LobstarPosted 5/4/2013 12:23:43 PM
Yeah, I really want to know what the map is but at the same time it spoils so much discovery. I'm afraid once August hits I'll just have to avoid the internet completely because there will be a ton of new stuff shown as R* goes into full gear hyping this game. This time I really want to go in not knowing, though it's almost kind of pointless because as soon as I get the game and hit the menu the whole thing'll show up anyway.