I hope there will be better side stuff to do

#1ChronoAcePosted 5/6/2013 2:16:26 PM
Anyone else feel like the GTA series is lacking in the side content department? Games like Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs have way better side missions to do while in GTA all you can really do is find hidden birds/packages and do a few races.
#2Mentalpatient87Posted 5/6/2013 2:19:54 PM(edited)
What you mean to say is weird, silly ****. You want weird, silly **** in this game. Sorry, R* is too busy creating a meaningful world, deep story, and good gameplay to focus on weird, silly ****.

EDIT: And I've been hearing this "there's nothing to do!" complaint for years about all kinds of games. For the love of god, grow an imagination.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#3ChronoAce(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 2:30:21 PM
Wow, calm down. Where did I say I wanted silly stuff like in Saints Row? I am sure Rockstar is more than capable of making side missions that fit GTA.

And by your logic, why have a story line or missions at all? Just use your imagination!
#4Man_Of_TomorrowPosted 5/6/2013 2:36:34 PM
From what I've heard, there's less mini-games but what's there is much deeper. And they're bringing back the stranger encounters from IV and RDR, which I personally loved. Hopefully those will have more meat on the bone as well.

Sleeping Dogs is going to be pretty hard to beat in terms of random side stuff though. I'm usually very story focused in sandbox games but I can't count the hours I spent in SD just running around doing whatever. It was awesome.
---
As the sky's falling, the wind is calling.
Stand for something or die in the morning.
#5Buddy_DacotePosted 5/6/2013 2:39:44 PM
Infinite car jackings, hitman contracts, robbery missions, gang hideouts and police vigilante missions and similar is good enough for me.
#6stangkid95Posted 5/6/2013 2:39:44 PM
Well it definitely seems like the side missions are gonna be cool. From underwater exploration, to a few of these side heists we've been hearing about, to all the property, gear, and other goodies you'll end up buying, I'm sure there will be plenty to do aside from the main story. Plus with the promise of more weapons then ever before, you can always do what the rest of us do and go on mindless rampages :)
---
GT: GrimmRecon005
#7Mentalpatient87Posted 5/6/2013 2:42:05 PM
ChronoAce posted...
Where did I say I wanted silly stuff like in Saints Row?

Games like Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs have way better side missions to do while in GTA all you can really do is find hidden birds/packages and do a few races.

http://us6.memecdn.com/because-of-the-implication_o_150451.jpg
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#8puffinslaughterPosted 5/6/2013 2:43:14 PM
Wow, calm down. Where did I say I wanted silly stuff like in Saints Row?

Games like Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs have way better side missions to do

---
Tanger stat tracker ~ 5 Goals, 33 Assists Pittsburgh Penguins: 36-12
http://i.imgur.com/gKedoAK.png ~grape_purple ^_^
#9ChronoAce(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 2:47:28 PM
I cited SR and Sleeping Dogs because they are the same genre and *gasp* do something better than the Holy Grail that is GTA. I wouldn't want the exact side missions from SR/SD planted straight into GTA.

Calm down fan boys.
#10protools1983Posted 5/6/2013 2:48:27 PM
puffinslaughter posted...
Wow, calm down. Where did I say I wanted silly stuff like in Saints Row?

Games like Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs have way better side missions to do

---
Me - wat poopmist? DreamTheater33 - when you break wind and a mist of poop forms giving whoever is in the path pinkeye