Trevor is going to surpass everyone's unanimous fav GTA protagonist, Tommy V

#21calinksPosted 5/6/2013 5:24:56 PM(edited)
This is like San Andreas all over again.

"I can't relate to some 90's Black gangster! Yet I totally relate to the Miami drug Lord kingpin!"

Somehow Meth head psycho killer Trevor is reatable while older guy wanting to recapture some excitement of his youth or young guy trying to aspire to something greater.

I think people are confusing relatable with what they think is most enjoyable.
#22robo_robPosted 5/6/2013 5:26:06 PM
I would agree, I think they're simply misusing the word.
#23tzar_666Posted 5/6/2013 5:30:56 PM
i hate druggies but love trailer parks. spent so many years in them. grandma lived in a trailer on top of a coal hill.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#24TtotheJ123Posted 5/6/2013 5:35:48 PM
I like the whole notion that Michael is basically a GTA character who "won" the game and completed his story.

Of course there is the whole issue that he is essentially unable to "settle down" in his middle age and is compelled to return to a life of crime to to escape the monotony and depression of his shambling home life.

Like an above poster said, that is far more relatable than Trevor's character. Minus the crime aspect. Usually it is something like a sports car.
---
I've been under fire before. Well ... I've been in a fire. Actually, I was fired. I can handle myself.
#25theblinkkidPosted 5/6/2013 5:40:25 PM
Trevor will be fun because wreaking havoc with him will feel more real (as it did with tommy). Where CJ and Niko seem to nice to go on a rampage killing citizens and what not.
---
LETS GO BUFFALO
#26LordPonchoPosted 5/6/2013 9:12:27 PM
Tommy Vercetti was incredibly two dimensional and unlikable. Trevor seems even more so.

Michael seems the most relatable, and interesting of the three.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#27DestinyIslandsPosted 5/7/2013 2:38:13 AM
TtotheJ123 posted...
TheBest182 posted...
Am I the only one hyped for franklin? Go grove st!

I am also hyped for Franklin! Probably most of the three. He seems to be getting the least attention, and I have been excited for a return to the gangbanger culture (even though Franklin is just a product of that culture, not a participant). I'm sure his side story will be pretty interesting. He reminds me a lot of Luis from Ballad of Gay Tony, in that he seems like a pretty good person and sensible and respectful young man (you know, except for the MASS MURDER) from a rough neighbourhood who wants more from life.

Amen to that! I loved Gta SA and Cj, And Franklin will fill that empty void back again. I'm pretty excited to play as Trevor too.
---
The world is yours- Nas
#28Sword_of_DuskPosted 5/7/2013 2:58:13 AM
LordPoncho posted...
Tommy Vercetti was incredibly two dimensional and unlikable. Trevor seems even more so.

Michael seems the most relatable, and interesting of the three.

I don't know why people can't see this.
---
Kraden: If my pigeon threw fireballs, perhaps it would put you out of a job!
Tyrell: What, are you saying that I'm dumber than some bird?!
#29ZodofWarPosted 5/7/2013 5:46:38 AM
calinks posted...
This is like San Andreas all over again.

"I can't relate to some 90's Black gangster! Yet I totally relate to the Miami drug Lord kingpin!"

Somehow Meth head psycho killer Trevor is reatable while older guy wanting to recapture some excitement of his youth or young guy trying to aspire to something greater.

I think people are confusing relatable with what they think is most enjoyable.

Agreed. It's inconceivable how they have no idea what their words mean. Tommy V was enjoyable because he was voiced by a bad ass, was in a game based not so loosely on the classic crime movie Scarface, and also had the benefit of an 80's soundtrack, and the incredibly well done city of "vice/miami" to play around it.

You could relate to CJ because he was just a kid who wanted out of a bad situation, and got sucked back into it anyway by circumstances he couldn't control.

Meanwhile, If there is any of the three new protags that can be related to, I gotta go with Franklin. Again. Guy in a bad situation, with little options. Who hasn't been that guy?
---
Being Difficult is easy.
#30PLCDPosted 5/7/2013 11:30:17 AM
LOL at telling me that Tommy V is my favorite charter. LOL at assuming Trevor will be my favorite character in this game. For the record, I'm a Claude man.
---
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.