Trevor is going to surpass everyone's unanimous fav GTA protagonist, Tommy V

#31nativenginePosted 5/7/2013 11:00:16 AM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
LordPoncho posted...
Tommy Vercetti was incredibly two dimensional and unlikable. Trevor seems even more so.

Michael seems the most relatable, and interesting of the three.

I don't know why people can't see this.

I'm gonna say its the "Ray Liotta effect". I just finished up Vice City on my iPhone and I'm thinking I had my nostalgia glasses on for a few years myself.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#32PLCDPosted 5/7/2013 11:15:19 AM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
LordPoncho posted...
Tommy Vercetti was incredibly two dimensional and unlikable. Trevor seems even more so.

Michael seems the most relatable, and interesting of the three.

I don't know why people can't see this.

I'm gonna say its the "Ray Liotta effect". I just finished up Vice City on my iPhone and I'm thinking I had my nostalgia glasses on for a few years myself.

LOL yep. I will admit that my memories of him were shattered quite a bit once I played the android version. At the time he seemed so epic because it was RAy Liotta
---
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
#33kylekillgannonPosted 5/7/2013 11:32:45 AM(edited)
I still liked Vercetti in a relatable way for one reason. He was well dressed, he was calm and clever on his good days, and he knew how to talk. He may have been a mass murdering killer drug lord, but he had a cadence to him I could appreciate.

By the time CJ reached that point, so much crazy bull**** happened in his Odyssey that he wasn't even a person anymore. He was just a vehicle to progress the story.

Nico was pretty close, because he was also nice and actually pretty funny in situations. But his story wasn't given much room to provide you with a care free, live fast lifestyle.

And now, Michael looks to take the spot. He seems much more sociable compared to Tommy, seems just as well dressed and just as sharp minded. But Michael also has a very cool, dysfunctional "Fantastic Mr. Fox." Quality to him. And that's something I endear.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.