GTA V Has Gameplay Soundtrack

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. GTA V Has Gameplay Soundtrack

User Info: TtotheJ123

TtotheJ123
3 years ago#1
Rev3Games discussion on the GTA V demo they witnessed. Great ten minute clip worth a watch but shortly after the 7:00 minute mark, Adam Sessler says that now, there is an action soundtrack, unlike past GTAs where the only music came from the radio, and a few select cutscenes.

I think this will be a really cool addition that will go noticed really quickly. It would be cool if it wasn't always a score too, and they actually include a specific song that plays over a certain mission, like they did with Red Dead.

Imagine a modern day, GTA equivalent of when you hear Far Away upon John's arrival in Mexico...

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPvhX8zBxOc
I've been under fire before. Well ... I've been in a fire. Actually, I was fired. I can handle myself.

TtotheJ123
3 years ago#2
Also, IGN AU talks about this around 2:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f61Pdgqyaeg

Apparently, one of these moments where the score kicks in involves a mission where Franklin is parachuting.
I've been under fire before. Well ... I've been in a fire. Actually, I was fired. I can handle myself.

User Info: Mentalpatient87

Mentalpatient87
3 years ago#3
http://www.vgcats.com/super/newsimage/slow.gif

That troll was right, I do express myself through images a lot..
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"

TtotheJ123
3 years ago#4
Mentalpatient87 posted...
http://www.vgcats.com/super/newsimage/slow.gif

That troll was right, I do express myself through images a lot..

He was right, I think the last few topics I have entered involved you posting various photos of such things.

But yeah sorry, I didn't mean to present this as news, I was more interested in discussing the fact.

Mentalpatient87
3 years ago#5
Oh, alright then, sorry. I'm also pretty excited about this feature. The little snippets of music in RDR were so amazing. They set the tone so damn well. I can't wait to hear what comes out of my speakers when I'm doing various things in this game.
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"

TtotheJ123
3 years ago#6
No worries man, but yeah I'm a total sucker for those little cinematic moments in gameplay, you can tell Rockstar is proud of how well received they were in RDR. As far as I know though, all that is confirmed is a gameplay score, with no word on actual songs playing. Either way though. It would be nice to have a GTA game with a really solid score that is heard more often than just the boot up load screen.

Also, semi unrelated, I hope the gun sounds are a bit more dynamic than in IV. The sounded nice in every situation you could fire them (against car doors, in echoing tunnels, etc) but the guns themselves always seemed a little tinny to me. Not BAD, but it would be nice if the guns were nice and loud and (relatively) realistic.

Mentalpatient87
3 years ago#7
Oh man, I hope they have the LeMat Revolver, or at least its sound. That thing was my beast.

TtotheJ123
3 years ago#8
Easily one of the most satisfying headpoppin' guns in a game.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. GTA V Has Gameplay Soundtrack

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived