If Franklin is the best driver...

#1holden4everPosted 5/6/2013 9:43:37 PM
...how will it affect the others? Will they have some sort of built in handicap that makes them not drive as fast or whatever they're driving won't perform as well or will Franklin simply have extra abilities? I know he can slow down time and do other things but is that the extent of him being a better driver? I just hope they don't gimp the others as I don't want to be restricted to having to only drive as Franklin.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png - 2013 NRL Season - W/L: 1/4 - Last Game: Sea Eagles def Bulldogs 20-6 - Next Game: Roosters
#2A_Hairy_WafflePosted 5/6/2013 9:48:47 PM
I believe they said Franklin will always be the best driver. But you can improve the others skill. The difference will probably be negligible minus the special ability.

Maybe someone who isn't on their phone can confirm/elaborate.
#3SBBrealquickPosted 5/6/2013 9:49:38 PM
yeah i think it's just his ability to slow time while driving which makes him the "best" driver. I will say though, if anything, I would have thought that Franklins experiences in gang life might've provided him with the most trigger-time where as Michael's experiences in more sophisticated heists would have made him a better overall wheelman, but whatever.
#4Mentalpatient87Posted 5/6/2013 10:05:33 PM
I never got what the driving skill was supposed to do in San Andreas. I don't know what they could do that wouldn't just make driving kind of a pain with the other two.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#5holden4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 10:13:29 PM
Hopefully that's how it works. I guess we'll find out in September.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png - 2013 NRL Season - W/L: 1/4 - Last Game: Sea Eagles def Bulldogs 20-6 - Next Game: Roosters
#6SBBrealquickPosted 5/6/2013 10:16:48 PM
Yeah to be honest, with GTA4 at least, driving didn't really need some kind of a rating system it just took legitimate time and practice to master. I remember when I first popped it in I was shocked and confused at how sloppy the driving controls were but as I began to get the feel for it and properly use the brakes it got to the point where I could do any damn thing I pleased on the road so long as I wasn't driving a dukes
#7InfernoSDPosted 5/6/2013 10:34:24 PM
I forget how it worked exactly in SA, but it made a noticable impact on your handling. I imagine in V it will affect how fast you can take turns, possibly how fast you brake and accelerate. Hopefully Franklin won't have too much of an edge with that.

Likewise, Trevor is the best pilot, but hopefully they don't make the flight controls needlessly obtuse just to simulate that.
---
|| ||\ || ||"" ||"" ||"") ||\ || /''''\
|| || \|| ||"" ||, ||""\ || \|| \,,,/
#8Offworlder1Posted 5/6/2013 10:58:23 PM
In GTA:SA the driving effected the handling and how easy it was to turn at high speed, brake easier, and over all control of the car.

For bikes in GTA:SA early on you would fly off like in GTA IV if you hit things or got hit but when your skill was higher or maxed out you would not go flying off at all or the damage was little since you were an experienced biker. Bike skill and motorcycle skill are pretty similar but two different skills, the end outcome is the same but two different "vehicles".

Skills improving in GTA:SA were also more realistic then GTA IV without them there as you would get better at driving, shooting, or flying in real life over time and the more you do it.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#9Tennessee-FatsPosted 5/6/2013 11:01:54 PM
I'm with offworlder1 on this. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. I do remember in San Andreas that the most noticible improved abilities was on the bike. You went from nearly spinning out for no reason whatsoever to taking full on impact with trucks and just shrugging them off! LOL
---
As long as we have opposable thumbs, we will fight you! -Zero
#10Offworlder1Posted 5/6/2013 11:09:50 PM(edited)
I love GTA:SA because of that though because it made sense, a novice biker has little experience or ability to handle the bike/motorcycle, but the veteran rider knows how to control a spin out, impact, or hit better.

Car skill in GTA:SA was harder to notice but it is there if you try a race at the beginning with little to no car skill and then later with high car skill or maxed car skill the difference is noticeable in how it is easier later on to win as you can handle the cars much better.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"