If Franklin is the best driver...

#11PHOENIXZEROPosted 5/6/2013 11:32:46 PM
SBBrealquick posted...
yeah i think it's just his ability to slow time while driving which makes him the "best" driver. I will say though, if anything, I would have thought that Franklins experiences in gang life might've provided him with the most trigger-time where as Michael's experiences in more sophisticated heists would have made him a better overall wheelman, but whatever.

If Michael was a wheel man, IIRC Franklin's job or whatever you want to call it is taking other peoples' cars, repo or otherwise.
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman
#12aneurysmPosted 5/7/2013 2:43:13 AM
Holdens are meh and as common as 'holes
---
Some may never live, but the crazy never die
#13Sword_of_DuskPosted 5/7/2013 3:03:07 AM
Offworlder1 posted...
I love GTA:SA because of that though because it made sense, a novice biker has little experience or ability to handle the bike/motorcycle, but the veteran rider knows how to control a spin out, impact, or hit better.

Car skill in GTA:SA was harder to notice but it is there if you try a race at the beginning with little to no car skill and then later with high car skill or maxed car skill the difference is noticeable in how it is easier later on to win as you can handle the cars much better.

While I had no issues with SA's skill system, I much preferred IV's driving controls, which took real skill to master. Yeah, I sucked hard at first, but my personal skill with the controls grew as I played, which gave me a bigger sense of accomplishment than just having some stat increase make my handling better.
---
Kraden: If my pigeon threw fireballs, perhaps it would put you out of a job!
Tyrell: What, are you saying that I'm dumber than some bird?!
#14divot1338Posted 5/7/2013 5:07:48 AM
I wonder if Franklin can swim?
---
Xbox GT: AGE Sam Sneak
#15ZodofWarPosted 5/7/2013 5:37:45 AM
Offworlder1 posted...
I love GTA:SA because of that though because it made sense, a novice biker has little experience or ability to handle the bike/motorcycle, but the veteran rider knows how to control a spin out, impact, or hit better.

Car skill in GTA:SA was harder to notice but it is there if you try a race at the beginning with little to no car skill and then later with high car skill or maxed car skill the difference is noticeable in how it is easier later on to win as you can handle the cars much better.

I just hope they get rid of the license tests. Those things were a pain in my third brown eye. Especially the one where you had to do a 180 into a parking spot without hitting a single cone. So annoying,
---
Being Difficult is easy.
#16wonderingalienPosted 5/7/2013 5:59:34 AM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
Offworlder1 posted...

While I had no issues with SA's skill system, I much preferred IV's driving controls, which took real skill to master. Yeah, I sucked hard at first, but my personal skill with the controls grew as I played, which gave me a bigger sense of accomplishment than just having some stat increase make my handling better.

this! of all the games in the series I've played gta 4s driving system was the best in my opinion.
#17nativenginePosted 5/7/2013 6:05:18 AM
The way I see it is with these stats that can be built up, Franklin will start out with the highest stats for driving. Trevor will have the highest stat for flying and Michael for shooting. We will be able to build up the other stats for the other characters but each will have their own stat that's higher then the others.

Lets say that Franklin starts out with a 70% full driving stat where as Michael and Trevor will start out with say 10-20% full driving stat. Franklin will of course have the "slow mo" ability so he'll always have that over the other two regardless of how high there stats are. Just my take and I have zero evidence to back it up.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#18InfernoSDPosted 5/7/2013 6:35:45 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/403297
The other skill categories all the characters share, and through missions, side missions, activities and more, their stats can gradually be improved. No matter how much flying Franklin and Michael do, they'll never be as good as trained pilot Trevor, but you can - over time - improve them, so they become easier to control mid-air, and more successful in getting from A to B (and, in grand GTA tradition, presumably destroying C on the way). The same will be true with, say, Franklin, the game's best driver. Michael and Trevor won't match him, but through iteration they'll come close.

That's what CVG said on the subject. Other people around these boards keep saying otherwise, though, which makes me wonder if another outlet wrote something different.
---
|| ||\ || ||"" ||"" ||"") ||\ || /''''\
|| || \|| ||"" ||, ||""\ || \|| \,,,/
#19StealumPosted 5/7/2013 7:57:25 AM
My take on the driving stat: upon popping the game in, apparently all 3 have just left the dmv with their newly obtained licenses.
#20MrcTOtheJPosted 5/7/2013 9:10:42 AM
Well in San Andreas to me the driving stat was hardly noticible maybe that was just skill of my own taking over and picking up CJ's slack or something. Maybe it did get a bit easier later on I'm sure it did but it wasn't that much.

In IV it took some geting used to but I was able to pull more with the more advanced physics.

I just hope it isn't too noticible here either, more than SA but not to much either.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Currently waiting for: GTAV, LR:FFXIII, Grid 2