In Trevor's trailer...

#1awkwardjokePosted 5/11/2013 7:02:25 PM
In Trevor's trailer, there was a meth lab at the beginning in his house. Do you think this might hint that GTA V will use Chinatown Wars' drug dealing mechanic?
#2Perfect LightPosted 5/11/2013 7:09:13 PM
He's friends with Walter White.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#3nativenginePosted 5/11/2013 7:15:29 PM
That seems to be a very popular feature from CTW, in fact, whenever I hear about CTW it's always something about the drug dealing. I personally thought it was alot of fun and set that game apart from the other GTA4 stories. With the info we have I'd say its a possibility. Rockstar did say each character will have their own character specific side activities, maybe this means drug/weapon dealing for Trevor, gang wars and repos for Franklin and I don't know for Michael. Just speculating here, no conformation whatsoever.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#4Lord_Shadow_19Posted 5/11/2013 7:22:47 PM
Perfect Light posted...
He's friends with Walter White.

That's Mr Heisenberg to you!
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#5awkwardjoke(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 7:33:33 PM(edited)
nativengine posted...
That seems to be a very popular feature from CTW, in fact, whenever I hear about CTW it's always something about the drug dealing. I personally thought it was alot of fun and set that game apart from the other GTA4 stories. With the info we have I'd say its a possibility. Rockstar did say each character will have their own character specific side activities, maybe this means drug/weapon dealing for Trevor, gang wars and repos for Franklin and I don't know for Michael. Just speculating here, no conformation whatsoever.

I hope you're right. Although, I'm somewhat worried that Rockstar would be pressured to not include it because of the sheer amount of controversy it would cause, especially in a main series title like GTA V.
#6MinunSSPosted 5/11/2013 7:35:13 PM
It makes sense for a guy who runs a large drug operation to have that kind of side mission . . . or it could be for personal use or something. He does look pretty messed up.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Amish Style: is.gd/2rmxek
#7nativenginePosted 5/11/2013 8:27:30 PM
awkwardjoke posted...
nativengine posted...

I hope you're right. Although, I'm somewhat worried that Rockstar would be pressured to not include it because of the sheer amount of controversy it would cause, especially in a main series title like GTA V.

Controversy? Each GTA has been a target for controversy, that's not gonna stop Rockstar. I don't see how having it in CTW is any different from 4's delivering of drugs, from a controversial standpoint anyways. If you go down the list of GTA's each has come under fire for some controversies. SA for Hot Coffee(which was IMO one of the weakest arguments "they" could come up with), Vice for racism, 4 for drunk driving and so on. Kidnapping girls and locking them up in a basement to rape them, that's a controversy, shooting up a schoolyard full of children, that's a contoversy, combined the last two, kidnapping children to have sex with and later kill, that's a contoversy. But dealing drugs? That's not a controversy, that's right up a GTA's alley. How is drug dealing any less controversial then say shooting up a dozen+ cops? Or beating a person to death with a baseball bat?

I don't mean to sound like a dick but controversy is the last thing that would keep drug dealing out of GTA.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#8awkwardjoke(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 8:31:29 PM
nativengine posted...
awkwardjoke posted...
nativengine posted...

Controversy? Each GTA has been a target for controversy, that's not gonna stop Rockstar. I don't see how having it in CTW is any different from 4's delivering of drugs, from a controversial standpoint anyways. If you go down the list of GTA's each has come under fire for some controversies. SA for Hot Coffee(which was IMO one of the weakest arguments "they" could come up with), Vice for racism, 4 for drunk driving and so on. Kidnapping girls and locking them up in a basement to rape them, that's a controversy, shooting up a schoolyard full of children, that's a contoversy, combined the last two, kidnapping children to have sex with and later kill, that's a contoversy. But dealing drugs? That's not a controversy, that's right up a GTA's alley. How is drug dealing any less controversial then say shooting up a dozen+ cops? Or beating a person to death with a baseball bat?

I don't mean to sound like a dick but controversy is the last thing that would keep drug dealing out of GTA.

I was just stating a reason that Rockstar might not implement it, but like you said, I doubt that would stop them. And you are right about there being more controversial things in the GTA series.
#9DieKoogPosted 5/11/2013 8:56:11 PM
"The guns and crank in this area go through Trevor Phillips Enterprises or they ain't going."

I could see drugs being a side activity for Trevor, maybe going out to smash other labs or putting on a ridiculous ski mask to rob chemical plants for ingredients.
---
"Do I preach to you while you're laying stoned in the gutter?" "No".
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/214/mastodoncomici.gif