I think this will be the first GTA game where I just walk around.

#11KrazyTheKlown10Posted 5/14/2013 12:20:47 PM
I'll go find Venice Beach and then walk around and listen to the crazy things people have to say around there.
---
You're Pretty Good!
#12Lightning_fanPosted 5/14/2013 12:22:40 PM
sal9e3s posted...
I hope we can pick flowers.

GOY material if this feature is included.
Frolicking through meadows would be nice as well.
#13InfernoSDPosted 5/14/2013 2:20:28 PM
Definitely agree.

Games often make the mistake of constantly dumping new objectives and toys on you at all times. Open-world games in particular tend to load up your screen with side-missions and things to do. As a result, I find myself perpetually focused on whatever my current objective is, and rarely pausing to enjoy my surroundings.

In some cases I'm sure that's intentional. Games like Infamous or Just Cause 2 are kinda boring outside of the gameplay. The pedestrians aren't saying or doing anything interesting, there's not much to take in. But then you have games like Sleeping Dogs which does actually have a great take on a new environment (Hong Kong), good atmosphere, pretty visuals, and a decent number of interesting little bits for you to come across. But you really have to step back from whatever mission you're on to enjoy all that.

Anyway, Rockstar is an exceptional developer. GTA IV was an amazing experience at its release, and GTA V will clearly be the same.
---
|| ||\ || ||"" ||"" ||"") ||\ || /''''\
|| || \|| ||"" ||, ||""\ || \|| \,,,/
#14mst3kfan78Posted 5/14/2013 4:19:19 PM
I would love to do this but I would also want to hear the radio stations too. Maybe they will implement some sort of radio feature to the smart phone so you can listen to music while you are not in a vehicle. If that was in the game I'd walk from one end of the map to the other. Just wandering the earth, like Kane from Kung Fu.
---
There's a dude in the bushes--HE'S GOT A GUN, what's he doin? I don't know I don't know, RED TEAM GO RED TEAM GO!
#15InfernoSDPosted 5/14/2013 4:27:27 PM
^ That's always seemed like an obvious feature for GTA to have, but oddly enough it still hasn't been introduced. Recent previews tell us the in-game phone in V has a bunch of different "apps", but so far "radio" hasn't been announced as one of them.

But the game is supposed to have a legit musical score for when the radio isn't playing. Should be a lot of nice ambient music like RDR has.
---
|| ||\ || ||"" ||"" ||"") ||\ || /''''\
|| || \|| ||"" ||, ||""\ || \|| \,,,/
#16DruffPosted 5/14/2013 4:28:29 PM
angeldeath21 posted...
I'd recommend trying this on GTA IV. There are some absolutely hilarious ped conversations / one-liners.

SA had some great randomly generated NPC conversations too.

Gangsta: Yo homeboy, you eva smoke rock?

Japanese tourist: Hai.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#17Bardockpwnsjoo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 3:22:57 PM
Druff posted...
angeldeath21 posted...
I'd recommend trying this on GTA IV. There are some absolutely hilarious ped conversations / one-liners.

SA had some great randomly generated NPC conversations too.

Gangsta: Yo homeboy, you eva smoke rock?

Japanese tourist: Hai.

I remember one in particular. After hearing this, I promptly shot both of the peds dead.

"Yo man. You ever **** a cat in the ass?"
"Nah man, but I'm gonna."
"A'ight, coo'."
---
I wish the first thing I had said as a child was, "Quote". That way when I die, I could say, "Unquote".
#18unpleasant_milkPosted 5/16/2013 3:30:43 AM
I want to walk around and find a spot next to a crowd of people. And do a poo on the pavement.
---
GT unpleasant milk
Comfortably numb by Pink Floyd - The most awesome song! PM if agree
#19ChisokaPosted 5/16/2013 4:23:50 AM
masachip posted...
LostVoyager posted...
First thing I am doing is looking for the sharks.

This. I intend on finding out immediately I there is a cool death animation associated with the sharks.

Did you ever play Scarface: The World is Yours? The first time Tony got swallowed by a shark made me jump out of my skin.