Will this game be pushing the 360 to the max?

#11Lucha_Villa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 2:59:38 PM
I'm talking graphics, not art style. Bioshock Infinite graphics aren't even impressive imo
#12some09guy IIPosted 5/18/2013 3:39:50 PM
Games have been pushing the 360 to the max since at least 2007. Companies have simply learned how to take shortcuts to get more graphical oomph out of games. GTA is well known for one of these: you grab one car and suddenly, no matter how rare, it seems every other car is the same model. This saves on memory.
#13yankeefan03Posted 5/18/2013 3:44:43 PM
aaazeus posted...
Red Dead Redemption has good graphics, really good, but nothing close to Bioshock Infinite and Far Cry 3. (or Crysys 3 lol), soo GTA is not going to push the Xbox 360 to the max, at least in the graphics department that is.

Red dead had way better graphics than Far Cry 3. Far Cry had absolute terrible draw distance and pop in.
---
"Ummm... Brotherhood was in Rome, not Italy."
X-Box Live Gamertag--GageIsLegend
#14Strychnine_GPosted 5/18/2013 3:50:53 PM
Of course. The 360 has a very weak graphics card compared to modern gaming PCs, so the developers will most likely have to make lots of optimizations with LOD, textures, and polygon count. Many calculations such as shadowing will probably be offloaded to the Xbox 360's CPU.

There is no doubt in my mind that this game will use the full power of the system. I'm just concerned that a playable frame rate may be hard to achieve since so many graphical improvements have apparently been made after Grand Theft Auto V. An additional concern would be whether or not the 360 optical media can actually hold all of the data, or if a download or an install disc will also be necessary.

Considering all that's been promised, I seriously doubt that the Xbox 360 will ever again have a game so technically complex appear in its library.
#15nativenginePosted 5/18/2013 3:53:27 PM
Lucha_Villa posted...
You guys suck

You know I've found it's easier to catch bees with honey and not vinegar.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both the 360 and PS3 GTAV boards
#16baueris24Posted 5/18/2013 3:55:46 PM
aaazeus posted...
No game ever look as good as the gameplay that is shown before its released, EVER. I remember how Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite and Far Cry 3 all had incredible, jaw dropping graphics in their demos, but when they came to the Xbox (or any other console) , it looked inferior to the demo. And the Devs from Skyrim claimed that it was indeed the Xbox 360 version that they showed, while the others had the Xbox 360 interface buttons.

You can look all of them in youtube and you shall see.

The moral is: dont expect anything better than those games.

Red Dead Redemption has some of the best graphics I've ever seen. The final graphics of RDR are even better then the early trailers (which were already stunning) and they are in-game graphics. Although some game companies might make pre-rendered graphics or bullshots that don't represent the final product, I've never seen Rockstar do this. In the case of RDR they improved what they showed early on so it's possible that GTA V could look even better then the trailers.
#17james_hellerPosted 5/18/2013 6:34:16 PM
yankeefan03 posted...
aaazeus posted...
Red Dead Redemption has good graphics, really good, but nothing close to Bioshock Infinite and Far Cry 3. (or Crysys 3 lol), soo GTA is not going to push the Xbox 360 to the max, at least in the graphics department that is.

Red dead had way better graphics than Far Cry 3. Far Cry had absolute terrible draw distance and pop in.

Far Cry 3 had way better graphics than RDR, and it was brighter. I can see pretty much the whole island when I was on top of a mountain. And your saying the draw distance is terrible?
---
Xbox Live GT: Relentless x757
#18Macdaddyruss1Posted 5/18/2013 7:02:04 PM
Strychnine_G posted...
Of course. The 360 has a very weak graphics card compared to modern gaming PCs, so the developers will most likely have to make lots of optimizations with LOD, textures, and polygon count. Many calculations such as shadowing will probably be offloaded to the Xbox 360's CPU.

There is no doubt in my mind that this game will use the full power of the system. I'm just concerned that a playable frame rate may be hard to achieve since so many graphical improvements have apparently been made after Grand Theft Auto V. An additional concern would be whether or not the 360 optical media can actually hold all of the data, or if a download or an install disc will also be necessary.

Considering all that's been promised, I seriously doubt that the Xbox 360 will ever again have a game so technically complex appear in its library.

uh oh Release date gets pushed back!!! Dont jinx it bro
---
http://www.ign.com-illuminati-in-video-games THE MOST IMPORTANT GOOGLE A GAMER WILL EVER DO.
#19Lucha_Villa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 2:30:52 PM
Lucha_Villa posted...
You guys suck

You know I've found it's easier to catch bees with honey and not vinegar.

So you want me to make a blatant troll post?