I have never beaten a GTA game.

#1OdenpethPosted 6/5/2013 5:40:02 PM(edited)
:(

I've played all of them from the first one on the PS1, to GTA IV. I always get about half way through and get stuck at a mission and after about a week or so of trying I give up and start playing something else and never go back to it.

Still love the games though, and plan on getting this one. I wish I didn't suck at these games though lol. I remember in San Andreas it was the mission where you're on top of the roof and have to shoot the remote control airplanes, I'd always get so close and then die each time.

With GTA IV, all I remember is some mission where you take out a gang or something in a two story house, and when you go to leave you're surrounded by cops. I've been playing through GTA IV recently though from the beginning hoping I can get further.
#2capnovanPosted 6/5/2013 5:57:01 PM
Odenpeth posted...
mission where you're on top of the roof and have to shoot the remote control airplanes

I hate that mission with sooo much passion.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#3strightedgeemoPosted 6/5/2013 6:00:48 PM
the one with the plane that has fuel was the bigger pain...
#4ch3ck_n0rrisPosted 6/5/2013 6:21:43 PM
Odenpeth posted...
:(

I've played all of them from the first one on the PS1, to GTA IV. I always get about half way through and get stuck at a mission and after about a week or so of trying I give up and start playing something else and never go back to it.

Still love the games though, and plan on getting this one. I wish I didn't suck at these games though lol. I remember in San Andreas it was the mission where you're on top of the roof and have to shoot the remote control airplanes, I'd always get so close and then die each time.

With GTA IV, all I remember is some mission where you take out a gang or something in a two story house, and when you go to leave you're surrounded by cops. I've been playing through GTA IV recently though from the beginning hoping I can get further.

I remember that SA mission.. and that one was a pain, but you were bound to throw/break a controller trying to beat the mission after that. Good thing neither are required to beat the story because I've beaten San Andreas 4 times and never completed Zero's missions
---
http://checkafred.bandcamp.com/
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! @ch3ck_n0rris
#5CIydePosted 6/5/2013 6:42:11 PM
I did not beat GTAIV because 360 RRODd

I beat LCS though.
#6Odenpeth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 6:43:58 PM
Are you serious? I thought it was mandatory to finish the game. The first time I played it when it first came out I got stuck at that mission, and then last summer I played through it again and got stuck at the same spot and quit. Wish I would've known that then lol.

Might have to go back and finish it now. I'm assuming there's probably harder missions than that though, like the third poster said. I don't think I got far enough to do that mission.
#7DeathMagnetic80Posted 6/6/2013 7:27:58 AM
Flight training missions made me nearly quit San Andreas. I feel like GTA games are getting easier though, the more they fine tune combat, the more you realize difficulty in some missions in older ones is from clunky controls.
---
RIP A7X71180 4/14/2006-12/24/2011
2012 San Diego Chargers 7-9
#8G-ZissPosted 6/6/2013 7:37:12 AM
DeathMagnetic80 posted...
Flight training missions made me nearly quit San Andreas. I feel like GTA games are getting easier though, the more they fine tune combat, the more you realize difficulty in some missions in older ones is from clunky controls.

Me too. I had to have a friend beat a flying mission for me just to continue with the game.
#9TRC187Posted 6/6/2013 8:00:29 AM
strightedgeemo posted...
the one with the plane that has fuel was the bigger pain...

I remember this mission so vividly because to this day I still don't know how I passed it. I remember running out of fuel basically right before the target (Which was basically every attempt, but this one was closer than most.. ), and I yelled Noooooooo, but then the screen went black, almost as if it froze up, then it flashed once and said the mission was complete.. I have no clue, the mission should have failed, maybe after the 100 mission attempts, the game just said f*** it, heres a gimmie, pass him.
#10True_ProdigyPosted 6/15/2013 11:11:41 AM
capnovan posted...
Odenpeth posted...
mission where you're on top of the roof and have to shoot the remote control airplanes

I hate that mission with sooo much passion.

Agreed. I rejoiced when I discovered it wasn't needed to finish the story.

DeathMagnetic80 posted...

Man, I used to think I was alone in my hatred of those flight training missions. Easily the thing I hated most about an otherwise great game. I almost quit playing too, but I spent a good part of the day learning the flight controls and finally beat that crap.

IV's helicopter controls were weird at first. It was almost like a war flashback of flight training in SA. I'm still not a master at it. I get by though.
---
"Hey, you want a toothpick?" - The Driver (Drive)