I have never beaten a GTA game.

#11Spikie852Posted 6/15/2013 12:38:16 PM
I finished the first one (I know I should have been annoyed, but I found the mumbling Rasta quite amusing :)). I dimly recall finishing 2, but I didn't finish 3, SA or VC, mostly because I found them dull towards the end (largely because I found them a no longer fun level of difficulty).

But I finished 4 and the 2 'expansions' and enjoyed them immensely (I suspect those 2 facts are linked). Oh, and the DS game :)
---
Maybe he isn't a troll and he has somehow managed to destroy logic.
iamsuperdude29
#12VincentVega13Posted 6/16/2013 7:12:32 AM
TRC187 posted...
strightedgeemo posted...
the one with the plane that has fuel was the bigger pain...

I remember this mission so vividly because to this day I still don't know how I passed it. I remember running out of fuel basically right before the target (Which was basically every attempt, but this one was closer than most.. ), and I yelled Noooooooo, but then the screen went black, almost as if it froze up, then it flashed once and said the mission was complete.. I have no clue, the mission should have failed, maybe after the 100 mission attempts, the game just said f*** it, heres a gimmie, pass him.

You lucky bastard. Tried that mission t'other week. First time I took out the couriers no problem but ended waaaay up in the northern tip of SF and just full ran out of fuel on the way back. Every subsequent attempt the stupid machine gun just sprays rounds all over traffic lights, buildings and about 3 acres of road/pavement around the damn van/motorbike whilst the dude in the passenger seat suddenly turns into John Marston and the frakking plane blows up. Now it's in my head that that mission is impossible.
I wish CJ could just turn around and say, "y'know what? You're the f***ing RC guy, take 'em out your f***ing self!! C***!"

/rant.
---
To err is human, to Arr is pirate.
#13Mentalpatient87Posted 6/16/2013 7:19:40 AM
That mission is easier if you land on the street next to the vans. Also, plot out who is farthest away and get them first.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#14VincentVega13Posted 6/16/2013 7:24:01 AM
I have been doing that. It's not so much the vans as the guys on the seemingly bulletproof bf 400 that just nail me with micro smg's. And now it's in my head I always tense up, my heart rate escalates wildly and my controller inputs become positively boneheaded resulting in certain mission failure.
---
#15Mentalpatient87Posted 6/16/2013 8:53:39 AM
Then pause the game right there and go calm down. Have a sandwich, walk the dog, smoke something.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#16VincentVega13Posted 6/16/2013 10:16:16 AM
Or better yet, ignore the mission altogether and come back to it in about 6 months, after which time I'll do it on my first attempt (hopefully) and be sat there thinking, "well what the f*** was that about?"
---
#17kiddoblivionPosted 6/16/2013 10:25:52 AM
I've played ALL of them even the PSP ones and the only one I've ever finished was GTAIV...two years after starting it.
#18ill-thoughtsPosted 6/16/2013 10:42:10 AM
join the club. i dont play GTA for the story anyway so it never bothered me much.
---
does Watch Dogs have drug wars, turf wars, hitman, cop and heist missions, buying property, hookers, blimps, hockey masks, crew shooting and flipping the bird??
#19CraulingPosted 6/16/2013 12:43:46 PM
I've completed every GTA game since III. I'm replaying GTAIV currently, and once I finish it, it will be the 3rd time I have completed the game.
---
We can only move, in time, by the extreme forces that govern our minds.
#20Jennifer_34DDPosted 6/24/2013 12:22:30 PM
I'm going to assume no one here has ever gotten 100% of the game if you give up on main story missions?

GTA takes A LOT of patience you may have to do a mission 20 or 30 times to pass, and to do all that's required to get 100% of the game can drive you nuts. It took me about 2 years to finish Vice City and 3 and a half years to finish San Andreas, but only about 15 months to finish GTA 4.

It can beat you down while you're doing it but when you look back it was a lot of fun.