I don't see how this game is gonna fit on 1 DVD

#1AncientAstroPosted 6/7/2013 7:21:21 AM
I mean just look at Lost Odyssey. That game took 4 dvd's and I don't think it had that much content at all.
#2PHOENIXZEROPosted 6/7/2013 7:29:14 AM
How many FMV/pre-rendered cut scenes did it have?
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman
#3LordPonchoPosted 6/7/2013 7:43:18 AM
You posted this 15 mins after someone else posted a topic on the same issue. Why? You didn't even have to use the search function to see it was one of the first five topics.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#4AncientAstro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 8:18:56 AM
It has some fmv but I wouldn't call it a lot by any means. I hope we're not getting low res textures in GTA V.
#5DruffPosted 6/7/2013 8:57:52 AM
Oh please, LO had a ton of FMV. GTA V will have zero.

If GTA V is on more than one DVD it will be because of sound files. It could happen. If it does I'll go with the PS3 version.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#6Hitman_67Posted 6/7/2013 9:41:06 AM
Why the hell do people care so much about more than one CD, are you guys seriously that lazy you can't switch it. It never bothered me on PS1 or PS2 so it doesn't bother me on 360.

And how does 1 CD = Low Textures? Skyrim looks fine, and it's one CD and 3+ GB to save. If it's as big as they say it will be 2 discs, but it's not a big deal either way...
---
Founder of Phantom Operations (GHST)
Lord Takahashi - Blops/HC-FFA best player
#7DruffPosted 6/7/2013 9:56:10 AM(edited)
If you don't mind disc swapping, bully for you. Help yourself to a medal and a cookie.

In this day and age, there's no good reason for disc swapping. It's outdated and should go away. The only reason it still happens is because Microsoft is stupid.

For one thing, they bet on the wrong format, HD-DVD. Eh, hindsight is 20/20.

But their real mistake was selling the 360 without an HDD. Because of this, they insist that all games be playable from the disc, without installing. If not for that, we could install multi-disc games and then use disc 1 only as the key and never have to switch. But no. MS still follows this policy, though they do allow "extra content" being installed from a separate disc, e.g. Battlefield 3. But they still won't allow a multi-disc game like Lost Odyssey or LA Noire to be fully installed and then played with disc 1 in the drive.
---
#8Hitman_67Posted 6/7/2013 10:10:55 AM
In this day and age, the younger gamers are just LAZY.. And didn't Blu-Ray come out after 360 was released? So that would be why they never picked the other option.

As for HDD, Xbox does come with one. Unless you're to cheap to buy something that isn't Arcade. It just isn't big enough to hold all the data you talk about.

If i installed my entire collection, i'd of run out space halfway through even with a 250GB HDD. Oh well, some complain some don't.
---
Founder of Phantom Operations (GHST)
Lord Takahashi - Blops/HC-FFA best player
#9DruffPosted 6/7/2013 10:21:28 AM(edited)
"Younger gamers," right. I'm 44. How old are you, sonny?

You misunderstood. MS's mistake was selling a version of the 360 that didn't have an HDD. Because they made that stupid decision, they have a policy that all games must be playable without installing. Therefore those of us who bought 360's with HDDs must suffer because of those who did not.

You don't install your entire collection and just leave them there forever, obviously. You install what you're currently playing and then delete it when you're done with the game. If you wanna re-play it, re-install it. This isn't rocket science.
---
#10MikeH7186Posted 6/7/2013 10:20:50 AM(edited)
I don't see how this is an issue at all. Your console is in the same room as you, walking over to it can't be much of a hassle. And your game library is most likely nearby so what's the issue? Put single player on one disc, and multiplayer on the other. That's how Assassin's Creed 3 was, it's how Red Dead GoTY was, what's the issue? Hell if anything this is better because they're not limited by cramming it all onto 1 disc.

Druff posted...
"Younger gamers," right. I'm 44. How old are you, sonny?

You don't install your entire collection and just leave them there forever, obviously. You install what you're currently playing and then delete it when you're done with the game. If you wanna re-play it, re-install it. This isn't rocket science.

Logic and common sense? How the hell did I find those two things on Gfaqs?