One thing GTA 4 completely failed at

#1MikeH7186Posted 6/8/2013 9:24:52 PM
Safe houses.

None of them have direct access to a helicopter. None of them are beach front property, or even near the water with access to a boat. And possibly the worst part.. Cars disappearing because of traffic crashing into them. Remember when we had that big ass mansion in Vice City, with a four car garage, speed boat in the back, and helicopter on the roof? I miss that.
#2zombieNarutoPosted 6/8/2013 9:31:33 PM
Oh yay, another topic with someone hating something about GTA4 that's already confirmed to be in GTAV. That's new.
---
I r Ninja. I eat brains.
NOO! I DON'T WANNA EAT A GUITAR!!
#3MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2013 9:33:08 PM
zombieNaruto posted...
Oh yay, another topic with someone hating something about GTA4 that's already confirmed to be in GTAV. That's new.

Maybe not everyone reads every single bit of information? Maybe someone was sharing an opinion on a message board? Maybe you shouldn't be so rude with no reason whatsoever for your obnoxious attitude?
#4hulkhogan1Posted 6/8/2013 11:16:56 PM
I didn't mind too much the way it was in GTA 4. Yeah it was annoying when other cars would hit your parked vehicles, but I rarely encountered any of my saved vehicles actually disappearing because of it. Considering the setting of where the game was, it made more sense to have parking spots instead of garages.

The biggest criticism I had though is once your first safehouse in Broker burns down, you never get a replacement one. You end up with at least one safehouse on each of the other main islands; the fact that you never got another anywhere in Broker or Dukes was really a missed opportunity and/or a huge oversight, imo.

All of that being said, it's going to be nice to have garages again (again, makes alot more sense due to the location), and the ability to save boats and helicopters.
#5thedeparted94Posted 6/9/2013 12:08:05 AM
You could instant travel in a taxi to anywhere on the map. So you were always 5 seconds away from helicopter/boat if you really needed one.
---
<PSN> britz02
#6TRC187Posted 6/9/2013 12:12:16 AM
thedeparted94 posted...
You could instant travel in a taxi to anywhere on the map. So you were always 5 seconds away from helicopter/boat if you really needed one.

And that was a failure.. how?
#7MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 1:40:48 AM(edited)
thedeparted94 posted...

You're overlooking the point. No safe house felt special. The only thing unique about any of them was that Playboy X's unlocked the outfit from GTA 3. Yeah you can take a taxi anywhere on the map in under a second, that's not even the same thing as having a helicopter parked on the roof of your mansion. Each house was basically the same thing. A place to change clothes, a bed to save with, and two parking spots that were always being vacated because traffic happened to crash into your rare car.

hulkhogan1 posted...
I didn't mind too much the way it was in GTA 4. Yeah it was annoying when other cars would hit your parked vehicles, but I rarely encountered any of my saved vehicles actually disappearing because of it. Considering the setting of where the game was, it made more sense to have parking spots instead of garages.

In the time I posted, til about 10 minutes ago when I turned the console off, I lost three different cars at two different safe houses. Parked them close to the curb to avoid collisions. Didn't matter. Lost a Comet, Turismo and a Coquette. That's just in the past few hours. The past two days I've lost 10 or more. All parked within the area, no more than two to a lot.

I do agree that it made more sense to have parking spots instead of garages. They need to be implemented better somehow. Losing a unique car that only comes in X color during X mission is upsetting.
#8hulkhogan1Posted 6/9/2013 1:42:37 AM
MikeH7186 posted...
thedeparted94 posted...

You're overlooking the point. No safe house felt special. The only thing unique about any of them was that Playboy X's unlocked the outfit from GTA 3. Yeah you can take a taxi anywhere on the map in under a second, that's not even the same thing as having a helicopter parked on the roof of your mansion. Each house was basically the same thing. A place to change clothes, a bed to save with, and two parking spots that were always being vacated because traffic happened to crash into your rare car.

hulkhogan1 posted...

In the time I posted, til about 10 minutes ago when I turned the console off, I lost three different cars at two different safe houses. Parked them close to the curb to avoid collisions. Didn't matter. Lost a Comet, Turismo and a Coquette. That's just in the past few hours. The past two days I've lost 10 or more. All parked within the area, no more than two to a lot.

I do agree that it made more sense to have parking spots instead of garages. They need to be implemented better somehow. Losing a unique car that only comes in X color during X mission is upsetting.

Also worth noting is your first Algonquin safe house is really the only one that was completely "safe", because it was it's own room that was loaded separately from the rest of the map. Every other safe house you could still have cops enter when you have a wanted level.
#9iron_defensePosted 6/9/2013 6:54:37 AM
I didn't like the GTA 4 safe houses either. Chinatown wars handled it so much better. In fact CTW is a lot better than GTA 4. It's too bad that they never released a 3D version of it.
---
I think it's only fair that we throw monopoly money at strippers with fake boobs.
#10mentallyfunny00Posted 6/9/2013 7:15:44 AM
While GTA IV is a 10/10 (IMO) I agree. The safe houses were all s***. The one in alderney was right next to a helipad though.
---
They've done studies you know. Sixty percent of the time it works every time.