One thing GTA 4 completely failed at

#41MikeH7186(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 4:57:09 PM(edited)
Druff posted...
You actually believe that VC and/or SA had a better city, a more alive city than IV? I can't even fathom how someone could be so incorrect.

Instead of just blindly trying to criticize me to pass the time in your pointless day, maybe you can show in any way how 4 was the better game?

Mentalpatient87 posted...
Those are all gameplay features and activities, and have nothing to do with the city feeling more lifelike. You need to look beyond your nose at what the NPCs are doing, and not just at what you can do.

You're kidding right? Taking a bicycle out in the country, riding it to the top of the largest mountain, and then doing a bunny hop off the ramp isn't more fun than simply driving around in 4? What does 4 have that even comes remotely close to such an experience? You can't even parachute off tall buildings or mountains. But you're arguing that what... a conversation between NPC's somehow makes the city more fun and alive?
#42DruffPosted 6/11/2013 5:08:29 PM
MikeH7186 posted...
Druff posted...
You actually believe that VC and/or SA had a better city, a more alive city than IV? I can't even fathom how someone could be so incorrect.

Instead of just blindly trying to criticize me to pass the time in your pointless day, maybe you can show in any way how 4 was the better game?

You mean, instead of doing exactly what you did to me?
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#43DruffPosted 6/11/2013 5:15:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#44Mentalpatient87Posted 6/11/2013 5:42:20 PM
MikeH7186 posted...
You're kidding right? Taking a bicycle out in the country, riding it to the top of the largest mountain, and then doing a bunny hop off the ramp isn't more fun than simply driving around in 4? What does 4 have that even comes remotely close to such an experience? You can't even parachute off tall buildings or mountains.

Again, all irrelevant to how lively and detailed the city is. I'm glad you liked those things, but they are not what the poster you responded to is talking about.

But you're arguing that what... a conversation between NPC's somehow makes the city more fun

No, that's subjective.

and alive?

YES! Now you get it! More detailed interactions between NPCs, more clutter and junk in the alleys and lots, and finer detail paid to making the city look like a city instead of a video game map are all examples of what makes 4 have a more detailed city. That was the point native was making, is also a valid point, and I can't believe it's this hard to get across to you.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"